Chirping squeal has me stumped?

'83 Toyota Pickup, 4x4. Engine was rebuilt about 1 yr ago. Truck has

150k. Last summer I had a bout with the engine because of a tapping I was hearing. Thought it was the timing chain and replaced it, but I still have the tap. I was told by another mechanic it's probably a loose wrist pin on one of the pistons and there's not much besides a full rebuild you can do. I've also been told they'll run with that for 100k+ miles so I decided to stop worrying. Fired the truck up today and I'm getting an intermitten chirping squeal from the engine compartment. It's not steady enough for me to have time to open the hood and inspect it. It doesn't sound like a fan belt, but it seems like I've heard the noise before, maybe when I was in Hi-4WD and tried to turn to sharp. Any ideas what to check? Is this just another tell-tale step that my whatever-it-was-tap this summer has gotten/is getting worse? Any opinions/ideas/experiences appreciated.

Spencer respond on the forum or reply to me at fowie at hotmail com

Reply to
Spencer Fowers