Re: Oil Pan Removal on 91 Pickup 4x4 (V6)3VZE engine

Don't do this.

I am considering running some of that Oil Flush stuff in my high mileage > engine (170K). They recommend you dropping the pan and cleaning out all > the sludge after flushing it because it could dislodge a lot of sludge > and end up in the pan. Is removing the pan on my vehicle easy? I do my > own brakes, flush the cooling system, replaced O2 sensor, fuel filters, > tuneups. Is this within my abilities? Does the transfer axle have to > be removed? I have heard that sometimes you have to loosen the engine > mounts and raise the engine. I think that is beyond my ability. I > guess I'm just worried about getting myself into something I can't get > out of. Any advice is welcome. >
Reply to
Melisa Johns