Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Vapour Lock in T3
After running around town in 43 Deg C temps the T3 refused to restart. Turns out to be Vapour Lock due to heat. Car was got going by pressurising fuel tank. It occurred to me though that if the...
1
1

1971 VW Westy for sale Florida $10K OBO
I have a 1971 White VW westy for sale in Central Florida. New Engine with 2000 miles on it. No leaks, all original interior available but not instal led. Original Tent, screens Front Cot, manuals,...

eric huelsmann
Eric, would like to discuss with you your case plug modification. email details how we can discuss. thanks Richard

VW "Bug-In" N.CA Mckinleyville.
I might even sell my '71 K.G. Aug. 1st. Pierson Pk. on Pickett rd. be there or... not.

1972 vw autostick issues when shifting
isues with shifting - not sure what I need to do to repair - replace vacuum hose, servo unit.... help please - and where to find these parts
1
1

Cooling tin for a pancake-style engine.
I put a rebuilt engine in my '78 bus, and it's the pancake style instead of the upright. I'm having a hard time finding cooling tin for it. Any suggestions?

Kadron h40/44 eis accelerator check ball
Hi all , I'm trying to rebuild a set of solex kadron h40/44 eis carbs. I was getting no gas when i moved the linkage or accelarator diafame. I pulled the nut that shold have held the check ball for...
1
1

Midnight Repairs / 2014
A great story as originally told by Mr. Bob Hoover He came down the back drive just before midnight on Christmas Eve. I was out in the shop, about to call it a night when I heard the unmistakable...

How do i correct steering wheel play in my '61 Ghia which causes car to drift.
I can move the steering wheel a couple of inches before any tire movement is felt. Also out the highway at speeds, I need to constantly correct the steering to keep going straight. Side winds also...
3
3

Yeh, there all like that!
I look at a few other similar sites to Ramva and its so common to hear someone comment that their "official" Service Manager just says "Yeh, their all like that" in response to some fault and shows...

Parting out a '70 bug. N.Ca.
Near Arcata. I found a rusty bug. Anyone need some parts. Cheap! 707 839 4690 by george!

Nobody makes brake repair kits anymore?
I need to rebuild my master and wheel cylinders. Are we supposed to throw out perfectly rebuildable items now? Anybody know a source? Chris 65 Ghia 12V 1800 60 Type 1 6V 36HP split-case trans :)
2
2

wiring a voltage regulator 0.190.350.079
I purchased a 190.350.079 reg and my 73 vw has 2 wires coming from the arm post ( 1 heavy red and 1 small wire ) . a small wire from the field and a ground wire There is a heavy red wire from the...

Drilling out sump plate holes ACCURATELY
Hi all, I have a 1600 with some bad oil leaks around the studs which hold the sump plate to the bottom of the block. Some of them are quite loose and easily c ome out with only finger pressure, so I'm...
4
4

Scirocco 16V struts
Are the struts, especially the front ones, the same for the 8V vs. the 16V Scirocco, 1987? I had some work done on the car a few years ago and the guy doing the work cautioned that a lot of things in...
4
4