Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: The other aircooled
Got some snow in Phoenix on Sunday, so I had to take the other aircooled(Cessna 172) out to get a closer look. Hope you enjoy.
5
5

type 3 weatherstripping
hey all, i need to get some new weatherstripping for my t3 fastback. the stripping in need is the rear quarter window pop-outs. west coast metric no longer carries this. does anyone no where i can get...

Phut, phut, phut.
I just drove my '67 beetle 1200 miles from CA to WA. When I got here I could here the tell tale phut, phut, phut of loose heads. Went to tighten them up with the 1/2 socket driver and the stud next to...
2
2

Videos...lots o links
Just some vids I ran into while surfin around http://videos.streetfire.net/category/VW/18/8D872FC7-745F-414A-9DA3-0A98818CC43B.htm...
3
3

OT: so you think you are smart ?
aparently those with high IQ can spot three differences before the picture disappears.
13
13

Putting a '73 type III rear end into a '63 type I
How likely am I to be successful in this endevor? Can I link a dual-port 1600 into that tranny without the use of Kennedy's fine conversion kits? What do I need to know before ripping apart two vw's?
1
1

Weber 40mm IDF
Hey, guys I think I need some advice. Here's the background: Beck Spyder, 1914cc, 40mm IDF's. Runs strong, HOWEVER, after I shut it down and pull it into the garage I have fuel leakage from both...
1
1

Fuel starving?
Bug cut out on me about halfway home the other night after a little bit of studdering. Limped home by staying at fairly low RPM after I noticed it would always cut out 10-15 seconds after hitting...
3
3

Pulled my tank, now I have a few questions
I pulled the tank from my '73 Super yesterday. I have to admit, it was easier than I thought. I'm going to clean and seal the tank with POR-15 in hopes of getting rid of the fuel smell in the cabin. I...
3
3

spark plug will not go back in...! Gringo Stuck in Argentina
My spark plug popped out about 1000 km from me finishing the Pan American highway (in a 81 Westy)... so I am in Argentina and the plug will not go back in. nor will a new one. Also the front seal has...
12
12

sliding roof
Hi, I have a beetle '76 with a sliding roof. Long ago I took out the seal around the roof because it was totally worn. Now I want a new seal. Where can I get one? Ad
2
2

12V Starter pinion
Guys: I had someone ask how many teeth are on the 12V starter pinion. Wouldn't you know...I don't have one laying about! Anyone can count them? And maybe get a rough O.D. on the gear? Speedy Jim
2
2

Started up the sand rail...
Someone had emailed me saying they were interested in buying my sand rail. I told them it had been sitting several months but at last check I was able to get it to start and run, but that it clearly...
4
4

Adjustment of new clutch
Fellow air-cooled drivers, I fixed my clutch problem today. On Monday the clutch pedal went all the way to the floor and I could barely shift the car. It turned out that one of the arms that is welded...
2
2

Can't get my hood to open
I have a 1974 Super Beetle that has been sitting in my garage for over 5 years now. I'm starting to try and get it going again but I can't get the hood to open to get to the gas tank. Is there a trick...
6
6