Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Urethane IRS trailing arm bushing
I lost my patient on waiting for rubber bushing that I bought the urethane IRS trailing arm bushing. I also order a Koni shocks to put on rear (buy the best and cry once). I will also reset the high...
47
47

OT Short version of Scarface
WARNING: There is a little bit of foul language in this, so don't play around kids... http://209.0.146.17/10/graphics/movies/movies_scarface_kwik.wmv
3
3

I'm baaaaaack!
I know how much you all missed me... so i decided to return! I am sure things are a lot different here since I left... I heard Jan is moving to FL finally... and we are going to try and have a RAMVA...
6
6

OT Made my contribution to education this morning...
...by taking one of these TO SCHOOL. OWWWWW!!!! all started out by me pulling up BEHIND a 350Z at a light. We were both in a right hand lane that we knew was going to end just up the road. People pull...
18
18

ping shagmeister
...put down your piece and turn on PBS...there's a Barry Manilow concert.
4
4

Brake problems
I finally started work on my 69 Beetle that's been sitting for quite awhile. Of course the brakes were locked-up, so I pulled the wheels and drums and cleaned everything-up, bled the brakes (got good...
4
4

1971 Westy 1600 Bosh generator - Dual Battery Question
Can anyone tell me if I am going to run into issues with trying to charge a Deep Cycle marine battery with 1971 Westy (Stock Generator 38 Amps I think)? I am going to set up a dual battery with relay...
4
4

OT Latest mod
right on my kitchen table. Any guesses? :-)
3
3

Ghia Semi-auto to manual conversion
Ghia Semi-auto to manual conversion On my way home, 3 hours after I bought my new 69 Ghia it ground to a halt. I later discovered that it had no oil in the gearbox which is now seized. So engine and...
5
5

Bug, Rear Vent: Where does the rain go??
I am restoring a 1970 Beetle. I noticed rust in the rear luggage tray and in the compartment under the vents behind the back window above the decklid. I can see that as air moves over the Beetle body...

78 Bus Fuel Pump problems ??
Before i start, i want to mention that i did a thorough search of RAMVA and i didnt find what i was looking for, so now im posting... Bus ran fine until a couple weeks ago. I was letting it idle for...
2
2

I have a 1974 Super Beetle
I have a 1974 Super Beetle I adopted six years ago when I married my wife. It was her second car and didn't get driven much when I married her, now it's been in the garage for 5 years and hasn't been...
4
4

So.... engine fire.
A couple of weeks ago, my old '74 Super Beetle decided she hadn't had enough attention lately and caught fire at a traffic light. Got the fire put out, got the car towed back, now all I have to do is...
10
10

using 24ga cat5 'network wiring' for the car being towed (2 power the magnetic rear lights)
since I have an "ocean" of the cat5 (computer network wiring, four or more 24ga conductors per sheath) stuff laying around here, and very little of other, bigger gauge wire, I'm thinking of wiring the...
11
11

turn on amazing race
racing in vw beetles in brazil in a couple of mins. href=""Den'sDogs href="">Den's1977 Puma
1
1