Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking backup light switch
The backup light switch mounted on the front of my 73 beetle is leaking transmission oil apparently around it's plastic inside. Will I will need to drain the transmission?? Is there anything tricky...
3
3

Another Shock Question
I'm on my second pair of front shocks for my 72 standard beetle from Mid America Motorworks (OEM/Cofap/Brazilian) that don't fit. The pins on the bottom of my swing arms are too big for the shocks....
4
4

Shocks
Shocks Is anyone here using Special Koni shocks on a super or on a std? Jo=E3o
4
4

VW License Plate Pictures
We are looking for pictures of cool VW license plates. I remember seeing a picture a while back of two bugs parked next to each other. The pic was from the rear with the one said Harry and the other...
2
2

OT: Rubs me waaaay the wrong way
1
1

another '71 Van question
I put an engine in and then noticed the fitting for vacuum just under the carb. was a lot smaller than the previous one. Like it's a quarter inch as compared to the orig. 1/2" tube. will this still...
1
1

Spotting late Beetles
Hello, can anyone tell me the yearly changes for Mexican Bettles from 1980-2003? I'm already good at spotting the 1936-1979 models but I haven't found any spotters guides for models 1980 on. Thanks.
1
1

1776cc or 1641?
I am going to go look at a 1776 for $1000, the guy tells me that the engine runs great and is complete, miles are low too! 10k miles on a rebuild and it also has a 4062 bug pack cam and 2bbrl weber...
7
7

Fun with carbon
Hi NG! I was helping my friend with his car the other day when he produced a spray-can of liquid which allegedly, when sprayed down the intake, will clean the carbon build-up in the combustion...
6
6

1971 transporter
heres my story outline version... a. left ignition key on over weekend b. did not realize ignition was left on when i went to start engine monday morning c. used my 'quick start' jumper device(from...
12
12

1974 Ghia at auto auction...UPDATES & HELP NEEDED!
Hey Gang, Thanks for all the help (especially the warning about buying a pig in a poke!) News: today they let you look at the cars before they go up for auction tomorrow (Thursday) at 10:00 a.m. EST...
7
7

Need some suggestions...
I recently picked up a Manx-style buggy (Bird Automotive T-Bird kit) built on a shortened '64 pan with a '67 12v single-port 1500cc motor. The motor is in need of a rebuild and while I'm at it I'd...
1
1

Ouch!
Not entirely OT. Some guy gets plowed over by a baja in this video. (o!/o)
3
3

I have found a half dozen(maybe more) 36 HP engines complete
I found these motors by accident when I stopped to ask about an Edsel car, they have been sitting undercover waiting for someone to bring them back to life, some are as old as 1950(serial number...
4
4

Something different on Ebay
Wonder if this one will be removed. Click on link.
4
4