Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

turbo
Anyone know if there is any difference in turbo's for diesel and petrol ? as in - if I buy a turbo for a diesel engine, will it work on a petrol (bug) engine ? Thanks Rich
12
12

nitrous ?
I know the basic principal of the power boost you get from nitrous and that you can only run it in short bursts . Does anyone know why you cant use less for longerbursts or continuously ? Say ,for...
10
10

64 vw steering adjustment - wheels rubs when turned hard right
When I crank my wheel hard to the right, the inside of the tire rubs on the floorpan on my 64 beetle convertible. On the ball joint beams on newer beetles (66 on) , there is a wheel lock stop that can...
5
5

New AC site - now with link
We've been working on our site for a few weeks now and its well enough under way to have a look at. We are just a couple of AC enthusiasts who wanted to share our love of the hobby. You can see the...

Hood won't close all the way.
My 62 beetle hood won't close all the way. Looking from below at the front, I can see there is at least 1/2" gap between the hood and the body. My feeling is that the car was in an accident at some...
2
2

Turbo Power
Just scaninng for info and came accross this. Might be of interest to a few of you.

power windows
Anyone out there ever install the electric life power window kit on a beetle? I have a 67 and well if it isnt one thing its another, the damn holes dont line up. Anyone got pics of thier install?

Alky VW
I've just reread the old book on converting a VW to alcohol (80%) and here's the top issues. The most daunting points concern 1) cold-start system. 60F or less is "cold" to alcohol, and you need a...

Turn signal switch wiring
Hey there everyone. Ok...here goes. Used the bently manual to figure out the wiring for my new turn signal switch. 1967 type 1. Seems the manual and the colors dont exactly match up. What wire goes...
2
2

Volkswagen Beetle & Karmann Ghia 1954 thru 1979 Manual pdf
Would anyone have use for a Haynes Volkswagen Beetle & Karmann Ghia 1954 thru 1979 that has been scanned to a pdf? Found it on the web and will find a way to distribute it (bittorrent?) if there is...
7
7

Balljoint question
How much of a pain in the ass is it to change your own balljoints?? Got a 67 beetle and mine are gettin to the point to replace. is there any special tools i will need and can i do the work myself?? I...
2
2

VW Van restorations, N.CA
by buddy does VW work , Restorations. Arcata,Ca. Humboldt cty. 707 832.8861 esp. type II

comparing a Bently to a VW , who would have thought?
I know VW has controling intrest in Bently but ... This says it all. Vintage Werks Resto

OT: Pay your dues.........
Look at the story in this link. I'd sue if I was the guy whose stuff burned down. Especially if they're gonna stand there and watch. I think this should have had a better outcome when stuff like this...
8
8

Thermostat
I recently located a thermostat that was new in the box but it had expanded, I assume, because the seal had failed somewhere. It doesn't have any physical damage and no visible cracks in the diaphram....
2
2