Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hey Gary need the title for the Desserter buggie
Gary My new customer of the day bought the Desserter buggie from Ricky L. and wants me to fix it and make it road worthy so he can drive his family to the beach. I told him I thought you were the last...
2
2

New AC website
We've been working on our site for a few weeks now and its well enough under way to have a look at. We are just a couple of AC enthusiasts who wanted to share our love of the hobby. You can see the...
4
4

CO check
by welding a nut for a Lambda (O2) sensor in the exhaust pipe where it sees the axhaust gases from all the cylinders... like after the collector in a header exhaust. I don't know if there is a good...
7
7

FS- 1971 Ghia Coupe "project" in Gainesville FL (262 800x600 pix online at site)
1971 karmann ghia coupe "project car", original irusgrun (dark green) paint, car partially disassembled, but with superb *very* near rust-free pans, door bottoms, and rocker panels. comes with...

Rebuild
Hey guys Just wanted to see what some of you experts think. I have a '73 sedan that had a rebuilt 1600 dp in it when I bought it in September. The engine has around 25,000 mi or so and runs good...
4
4

Cool cars pictures
Hello cool car lovers! We have just started this web site just for fun a while ago, and we'd like to start a picture gallery section and fill it up with cool car pictures of yours. Our site is...
2
2

Ball joints
Everyone check your ball joints even if you think that they are ok. I had the right lower one pop out yersterday when I had checked them just a week before. Luckly I was only moving at about 10mph...
11
11

80 vanagon doesn't want to start when warmed up
my recently purchased vanagon starts fine when cold and runs well,but after i drive it for any distance it doesn't want to restart.I can push start it and it runs fine or can spray some starter fluid...
6
6

Power Windows for your Bug.
Hi All, Last weekend I installed a power window setup from an 85 Jetta into my drivers door in my 74 Super Beetle. It was a great installation, and it works really good. Not very many modifications to...
2
2

Climatronic Noise?
Just before christmas my air con started to make a clicking noise, if I switched the air circulation on it stopped. Now though it makes the noise all the time? Can anyone help? Cheers! Ken
1
1

Volkswagen Type 2 1973 Fourth Gear Popping out
I have a 1973 VW type 2 camper and fourth gear pops out. My bungee cord solution will no longer suffice. Do I need a full rebuild? can I get away with just a syncronizer. Does anyone have a rebuilt...
1
1

OT: pets
Molly and I lost our great friend and working partner from the farm, Pico, two years ago. He was almost 12 years old, older than his breed normally lives. We did our best. I still find myself looking...
67
67

1972 bus unstable on the road
Got this in from a guy who wanted me to fix the engine. Engine runs fine but when driving the bus the least shock causes the bus to dance on the road like a boat on the water. Any idea what's screwed?...
5
5

Long Time Lurker - First Time Caller
Good Day All, First of all, my compliments on such an unselfish pool of knowledge. Y'all should be proud. After a couple decades of having kids and moving around and about 8 months of searching for a...
9
9

Front Axle Beam
........Very good advice. If he does have a bent or rusted beam and chooses to replace it, I purchased a rebuilt from spindle to spindle beam from a mail order retailer (this was before there was an...
7
7