Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brake line rerouting?
Hi all Being snowed in, having too much time on my hand so am thinking this: Yesterday I took a section of the bottom of my tunnel off (the frame head bottom plate) and was wondering if it is...
6
6

FS: 1959 Westfalia Caravan Travel Trailer
3
3

What kind of sparkplugs?
I just finished rebuilding the top end of my 1600 dunebuggy motor. I put on CB preformance 044 heads 40x35.5mm. I have 87mm pistons, and a 1.25 Scat rocker arm. I also changed to electronic ignition...
15
15

what does this light mean??
Electrical problem. Counter-clockwise arrow indicates that the electromotive force in the wiring is in violation of Fleming's right-hand rule. See has been violated, universe is about to collapse....
3
3

VW body rotisery
Someone on theSamba posted this and I thought it was particularly a clever way to get to all the nooks and crannies on a body: (not sure what the language is: looks like swedish to me because I...
11
11

Lots of questions from a newbie...
Hello! I'm the current guardian of a 1973 bay window Westfalia, and I was hoping for some advice on how to look after it. It's my first VW and I'm no mechanic, but in the 6 months that we've had the...
10
10

older separate backup lights?
was following an older Bug yesterday and I realized that the backup lights on that car were exactly what I was looking for for another project. Unfortunately when I started looking for them when I got...

alcohol fuel in air cooled beetle
I've been running e-85 in my ford sport trac for a few months. I love the stuff, huge increase in towing power, very smooth running, smells sweet when you first start up in the morning. The coldest...
11
11

Diagnose My Engine Pictures and Win!
I remember reading somewhere (probably here or on the samba) that you can't just do a ring job on a bug engine because the cylinders don't wear in a round fashion. I think it basically said that if...
10
10

real horse power for a bug
And we complain when our bug drips two drops of oil on our driveway.. This guy's doesn't have an oil problem, but my bet is that he wished he did. :)
2
2

vac push pull dizzy
Got one of these a while ago out of a bargain bin, the numbers say it is from a 74 bus, I got it going in my bug, 1600w/ 34 pict 3. Timed it according to the spec website that everybody uses, type 2...

Seat Tracks and Dropped Pans - Avenger Kitcar
Some have said that there is no room for seat tracks if you are under 5'8" in an Avenger kitcar. If that is true, should I just mount a cushion in the drop pan and use a seat back only? Thanks

68' type 11 "westy" for sale
I live in southern Iowa. Less than 4000 miles on engine rebuild, dual carbs, 1600 dp. Less than 2000 miles on tires. Original condition. Basic unit, no raised roof. E-mail me if you want it or want to...

Might have a buyer for my sand rail
Sounds like he need to be clipped.: ' ) I did it to my dog and he calmed right down.
11
11

Stereo question
One amp driving both subs, or a dedicated amp for each? You could use a bigger Cap to drive it all or you could have two 1F amps if you had 2 separate amps. Jan Snowman wrote:
6
6