Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aircooleds and lots of them.
Check out this link. saw an another forum that this is a picture of Mexican Taxis that donot have their proper permits. Can I have one.

SP VS DP
Just a question, what are the advantages/disadvantages of a single port 1600 VS a dual port 1600? I have both and want to decide what to build up, has to go into a split bus. Bart Bervoets
3
3

Removing and Installing an Antenea on Bus.
Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction. I'm trying to place my Anteea on my '71 Westy. Original got snapped off, (not a bit happy about the situation either). I can loosen up the...
1
1

Lower Torsion Arm Question
1968 front lower torsion arm; what is the size nut that holds the shock on? Thanks, Sparks
4
4

1600cc Dual Port at a glance?
I'm hunting for a Beetle and unfortunately it sometimes happens that the person placing the ad omits the "dp" from the ad. Is there an easy way, by looking at the photo of the engine, to deterime if...
1
1

Well, it's back out. And this time I mean business.
It's been a long time since I even looked at it but finally some progress. The first time it took me and my buddy around 10 days to free all the rusty nuts and bolts and buggered tin from the westy....
1
1

VW's on TV
I'm watching "Dazed and Confused " on the AMC channle and there has been a dozon VW's everything from 65 beetle vert to Things, and buses.
3
3

OT: Superbowl commercial review.
Soccer being my sport, I'm not much into football so always miss the Superbowl commercials. I certainly did this year and was working on my bug instead. (for non US residents: these are usually very...
2
2

Looking for a deal on a 1600cc. long block
if N. CA. means northern cal post on i got several replies for a few hunded dollars for 1600s
1
1

smelly oil
Do you live in an area where only ethanol gas is available during the winter months? If so, expect to replace a fuel pump at least once every three years. Besides hurting the performance of our trusty...
6
6

98 Jetta radio SAFE mode
I have a 98 Jetta GLX. Replaced the ignition switch. The radio comes on in SAFE mode, but does not go forward to display the number 1000 in order for me to enter my anit theft code. Is there some kind...
2
2

A great onestop spot
Here is a site that was definitely worth checking out at

70 Ghia Project in West FL For Sale
Car is NOT original and is a custom work in progress. I am retired and unfortunately lack the funds to complete the car. Complete details, contact info and pictures are in: . The wife wants to move...

Heater info -- Espar Products
A colleague here is looking at purchasing a Beetle for daily use, and one that he's found is rather sharp, but has no heater boxes. I had mentioned the venerable Eberspacher BN2. In searching for one...
1
1

US Beetle sales
US Beetle sales, 1949-1980 Year Sedan Convertible 49 2 0 50 328 0 01/51-09/52 367 N/A 10/52-03/53 887 N/A 53 1,139 N/A 54 8,086 N/A 55 33,662 N/A 56 38,129 2,303 57 47,446 2,613 58 52,221 3,261 59...