Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT but only slightly: Craftsman Torque Measurement System - any good?
I think my trusty torque wrench is getting a little too old and lost some of its precision. Actually, I am more worried about its repeatability, as it 'clicks' within plus and minus 15 percent...
9
9

New Radio/CD player in a 1974 Super
A question on installing a new radio into a 1974 Super Beetle. I'm a newbie with stereos (in cars at least) and was wondering what people have to say about new stereos. We're looking for a basic...
9
9

Subaru power
did ya see the Ghia with a Subaru engine. in Hot VW's mag.? where do you put the radiator? and what does 220 h.p. do to the tranny?
8
8

newbie in need
Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised. three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!! there's nothing on the...
5
5

OT: One for Fark.
You couldn't make this stuff up !! James, the thread killer.

VW Rabbit oil cooler fitted to air cooled Kombi
Hi all, Sent meesage before but no reply so am thinking that in USA a Golf is called a Rabbit there so remade message. I'm in the process of fitting a VW Rabbit or VW Golf water cooled oil cooler to...
8
8

New VW bus.........Oh My God!
Well, Unless you're a glutton for punishment, I'd say don't buy the next generation of VW bus vans. I read this weekend that VW and Chrysler are Pairing up on this, and the next VW vans will be built...
9
9

Waz Bus

Trip to Wolfsburg
I will be travelling to Wolfsburg via Hanover in March and I would be glad of any recommendations for budget hotels and advice on if it is best to book over the Internet of to relay on tourist...
2
2

Super idler and drop arms come in 2 flavors?
Page 8-19 in the bently manual shows the steering components for a super beetle. The idler(pitman?) arm on my 73 is different than the picture without the steering stops and the stops are on my drop...
2
2

California and non-California 1974 Super Beetle
Fellow air-cooled drivers, I just want to know if the California 1974 Super Beetles differs from those purchased in the remaining 49 states in that the California cars have the dual risers - manifold...
1
1

79 Kombi with a golf water cooled oil cooler
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting a golf water cooled oil cooler to my 2.0 litre type 4, 1979 Kombi. The oil cooler fits to the excisting oil filter housing using a spacer and is pumped with a...

Volkswagens & Beer
If ever there was a Volkswagen for the beer lover in you, then here it is on Ebay.
20
20

a loss to the a.c.v.w. community.
i am just a lurker that post's here and there- but i had a good friend that was a lifelong master v.w. mechanic. his name was bruce brimhall, he lived in arizona, and v.w.'s were his life. he lost a...
2
2

OT: ...
I hope the world does not decay further... Where was it you where moving to Jan?
2
2