Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting out at Junctions
Been having problems with my '72 Beetle for months now. Started off cutting out once in the morning then no other problems all day. Now it cuts out every time I have to stop in traffic apart from the...
2
2

Stumbling, Stuttering, Slow Starting!
For the past few months I have noticed that my little 68' Bug has had a hard time starting. Not initially (which is odd), but after a long drive - and by long drive I mean a couple of hours - I have a...
13
13

Air-cooled-related satisfaction
I didn't ride my air-cooled bike to work today because the roads were wet this morning and I *just* got finished cleaning it up (for a change) and it takes a good 1/2 hour to clean it every time I...
23
23

Anybody on here live in the Vancouver B.C. area?
Long time no post. Haven't done a damn thing to the westy since I found out my expensive rebuild was hooped. (grrrr) Still kinda angry about that one. Anyways, it's my girlfriend's van and her old man...
1
1

GT exhaust fit w/oil filter pump?
Hey guys, I have an oil filter pump on my 73 bug, and I'm wondering if one of those aftermarket "GT" exhausts would clear the pump. Has anybody ever tried this? Thanks, -Brian G.
6
6

Aircooled VW Tech Help Links For You New Guys!
Here are some good links to answer your questions: Tech Talk Bug Shop Performance Tech FAQ's Performance How-To Technical Guides Tech Tips and Dave's Aircooled Volkswagen Pages JIM'S HOME PAGE
1
1

Tripping to Minne"snow"ta
Now that we have made the trip (see previous entry on "global warming" thread) I have to tell about it, as it involves meeting a RAMVA regular as well as making a great deal ( I hope for all of us )....

Global Warming...I like it
Here it is mid-January in upstate NY and I drove my bug to work today!. ......No snow, no road salt......no problem.
29
29

Dellorto Carburetor not idling.....
Ive bought a sand rail about 6 months ago and Ive had major problems with the guts of the engine, so ive put a little over $800.00 inside. I get the little VW put back together and go to start it up...

Beetle Interior- Colour Help
Hey Guys, I hope someone can answer this question for me, others keep telling me to go to other sources and not answering my question: Has anybody bought an interior from the TMI vintage series? My...
3
3

VW Engine Build-Off Input Request
Hot VWs magazine is interested in exploring the possibility of doing a VW Engine Build-Off, which would showcase a number of different air-cooled VW engine combinations, each compared on a...
23
23

Universal Corp - in business?
Years back I acquired a CDI from Universal Corp of Grand Junction, CO. Which worked great on my former ACVW. I attempted to reach Universal with the phone number listed on various web sites, only to...
7
7

MaMotorworks sport headlights question
I've been checking out Mid america motorworks' sport headlights (the triple chamber ones) and was almost purchasing it when I found out the back of the headlight is made of ABS plastic. The headlights...
15
15

(OT) apology for double 1970 post
Sorry about the double post. I was editing it when I inadvertantly backed out of Google and thought I had lost what I was writing. Randy
1
1

1970 Automatic Type 3
Hi, At the base of both carbies (immediately above inlet manifold)there is a small bimetallic strip that opens a vent with a temp increase. Any idea on what they do, how to check calibration?. Never...
1
1