Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Quick Fuel vent question
I have seen loads of information for the vent system on supers but not much for standard bugs. My situation is as follows (and I'm pulling my hair out and really need help): I'm placing all new fuel...
6
6

Cylinder Head Heat Deflectors
All, I am starting to put together the pieces to fix my carb hot-air inlet system, and I found the following at mid-america motorworks ()The warm air pipe I understand goes under the tin on the...
15
15

Battery specs?
Current battery in my 66 is 3-4 years old, but has suffered some abuse by the car sitting idle for long periods of time. Starts the engine fine in the summers but once it gets cold it wimps out on me...
2
2

1971 VW Super Beetle Convertible FS Arkansas
1971 VW Super Beetle Convertible, Green with Tan top. New tires and battery. Garaged year round. Bought from orginal owner and only driven less than 200 miles a year. Located in Rogers, Arkansas....
1
1

Bus missing
Ok, well, the bus isn't really missing. I know where the bus is, it's in the garage. But the engine is missing. No, wait...I know where that is too. No, I mean when I drive, the engine misses. A...
6
6

bug fire
Greetings again......it's been a long time since I've posted here, but I had to share this: Today I was working on my '71 super. Wanted to take the gas tank out and check the connection of the rubber...
13
13

Happy new year to everyon :-)
Well I'm off soon to play in my band for new year so I will take this opportunity to wish everyone happiness and good health for the future. Rich
8
8

PING: Shagmeister
Shag if you are on AIM sometime today, give me a shout if you have time...got to pick your brain...thanks...
2
2

Ramva New Years Chat
I've got no other plans, so I'm probably going to be there from NOW until who knows when tomorrow. Join in everyone.. when you get a chance. Jan
4
4

How to...?
Hey guys, Does anyone have any trick ideas as to how to remove the oil filler tin from the pedestal? I bought the little tool and tried it while the stand is in the car. No go! The edges of the slot...
12
12

Rust repair rear fender mounts
Has anyone documented the repair of the rear fender area, specifically rusted out fender mount holes? My '71 beetle is far beyond the point of just welding in the nut inserts. Upon inspection from...
3
3

Red Light on Dash
I think the silly season has got into my 1978 Bus. I was driving down the road the other day and a heard a loud clunk under the bus, which I took to be just a stone being kicked up and hitting the...
8
8

welder helmet manufacture in China
Dear Friend Our company Suzhou Everflying ispossibly the largest supplier of kinds of welder helmet from China.Our products can be found in the U.S.A., all European countries, aswell as other...
2
2

Nothing fits. All veedub suppliers are lame.
From engine tin to seatbelts to crappy gas tank senders to pully pullers that snap.. What the hell? The problem must be all the taiwan suppliers. The retailers make more mark-up on thier crap and we...
12
12

Fuel line replacement in the tunnel.
I replaced the fuel line in my tunnel today so thought to describe it, in case anyone else needs to do it. I didn't see a good description anywhere. Also didn't like the idea of having the fuel line...
4
4