Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

20w-4- Diesel Oil
The Zink (and other) additives have been removed from "Gasoline" oil due to emission requirements. Diesel car/trucks do not have to meet the same standards, so they retained the Zink. A diesel engine...
11
11

flaps, stuff
A bit of a discovery - a fellow in town has a whole mess of ACVW engines in storage, none of them running, and he's lost interest in why he got them (a project never started.) They have been stored...
2
2

hee hee, I got in a bit of trouble today :-)
So I am on the 55 freeway in Orange County, just before the 55 meets the 405, and am stuck in traffic. As we get closer to the problem, my wife and I notice there has been a fairly bad multicar...
5
5

Re: FA: 1952 Volkswagen Beetle - Karmann Kabriolett "Split Convertible"
God help us if Bondario gets his hand on an early car. He needs to stick to hacking up the low-value fat chick late models...
10
10

'73 Karmann-Ghia
My quick story is that I have an '08 MINI Cooper Clubman that I use mostly for the weekends and long distance driving for my hobbies. I put too many miles on it too soon so I want a daily driver....
4
4

Meaning of abbreviations
I am looking for a wise person that could tell me the meaning of the abbreviations I found on the vehicle registration card of a vehicle registered in california. I need to translate a certain...
2
2

5 bolt standard wheels
Hi all, can someone tell me what year the wheels changed from the 5 bolt 'non vented' type to the 4 bolt vented? I think it may be '66 but not sure. I have a spotted a '67 beetle, but want the older...
4
4

Throttle cable broken - which way to thread replacement?
Was driving home today and made it about halfway here (31miles from my house to work). Was in traffic, had to downshift to 3rd, then hit the gas to accelerate and the pedal dropped to the floor. I've...
3
3

Re: critters in engine...?
On May 19, 2:33=A0pm, "bug '59"
8
8

FI Bug problem comes & goes
One day my stock FI Bug runs great, no problems. Next day, starts off OK after a while it'll backfire and eventually stall. Start it goes for a bit backfires and stalls. If I park it and let sit for...
1
1

redoing brakes on 74 vw beetle have some issues
It's not like a pressure bleeder costs a lot of money. Maybe they can't learn the New Way (which is an old way). Bring one of those that you made yourself and make a killing on the flat-rate. They...
15
15

Twin/Single port differences. 1300cc ok for tuning?
The 1300 dual port engines, where widely sold in Europe. They are the same engine as the 1600 dual port, but with smaller pistons and heads. To build a 70-80bhp engine out of it, you will need new...
8
8

Strange Heat Riser on a '74 Super Beetle
Dual Heat Risers for the intake manifold????? First time I saw this on a Super Beetle in Chicago. Must be a California vehicle. I had to replace those intake manifold boots and when I saw the intake...
1
1

stainless steel brake lines
No kidding. Mario is going to have no trouble keeping warm when he roasts in hell, whenever that fateful day of disembarkment comes for the shithead.
58
58

What's this for?
No, but they are not necessary. See the link I posted, scroll around and you will see a chain, thumbscrew device that clamps the lid down on threadless resevoirs. You can make it yourself. There are...
26
26