Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trip meter reset button stuck
1985 245, everything on the instrument cluster works fine - except the button you push to reset the trip meter. It is square, and seems to be dislodged somewhat. I don't want to break it, but it feels...
3
3

S40
DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME CUSTOM BODY PARTS FOR A 97' S40, MAYBE A GRILL, CUZ I CAN'T GET ANY PARTS HERE IN CROATIA, JES IT SUCKS
1
1

Stop oil sender sensor leak
My Oil Sender Sensor was leaking oil, not from around it, but from INSIDE it. So, I screwed in a brass screw in the hole, sealed it with JB Weld and now we have NO LEAKS. I'm going to order a new...

Oxygen Sensor Question (differences in models)
Looking at FCP Groton's site at O2 Sensors, can someone please explain to me the differences when different sensors seem to be for the same model cars? My car: 1985 245 Wagon. There's the $109 Bosch:...
4
4

Volvo s40 2.0t wastegate mod and turbo pressure

Low Idle Revs? What can I do about it? Is it a problem?
I have noticed the last few weeks that my car revs are going up and down alot. When I switch the engine on of my 98 S40 (157,000 miles!) The revs are at about 1,200RPM but as soon as I stop for...
4
4

Volvo 240 parts
I have a 1990 Volvo 240 DL I am trying to get in to good shape for my daughter. Right now I am looking for hood hinges so the hood will close properly. I have no idea where to look for a decent deal...
5
5

Any thoughts on the S-60 AWD?
I test drove one the other day and was impressed. I am a 41 year old real estate agent and would like something fun, sporty, and a little different... S60 seems like a contender, at a minimum! I know...
3
3

All instrument cluster has gone on s40 2001
Hi, Have a S40 MY2001, car was parked for 10 days. Came back and the instrument cluster (rev counter, speedometer, fuel gauge) is dead. In the info spot in the middle of the cluster is the text "P in...
2
2

Ipod 80 G not flawless
Hello, I've got a new Ipod 80 G (the so called fith generation) and it appears that it is not recognised after a restart. I've to plug in again to get it functioning again. That's quit annoying....
5
5

Fs: 1982 volvo 242
1982 volvo 242 for sale 1982 volvo 242 2 door, 4 spd, good tires, runs great, usual volvo rust, very reliable. $1100 obo email me at
1
1

2001 V70 Front Brakes
2001 V70 2.4, front brake pads are looking thin... I assume changing pads is pretty straightforward... No software update or VADIS connection needed? Any special tools? Can rotors ever be turned, or...
2
2

my freakin volvo
For about a week now My 960 96 volvo key was stuck on the ignition switch. Yes car turns on and all but I cant get the key out of the switch If anyone nows of a mechanic in or around the area of L.A...
7
7

Stubborn Door Locks - any suggestions / advice?
Hi Volvo Fans: Okay tell me what is going on with my door locks.... I have a 2001 S80 T6 with just over 100k. This winter, I have noticed that the autolock mechanism locks and then immediatley unlocks...
3
3

'99 v70xc, intermittent cruise control
the cruise control on my '99 v70xc (128k miles) has recently started to behave oddly. sometimes when i try to enable cruise control, nothing happens. sometimes when i try to enable cruise control,...