Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel Filter Sensor 2001 s40
I have a 2001 s40 and just replaced my fuel filter. The strap that holds the fuel filter inplace has 2 wires connecting to it. It appears to be a sensor. I talked with the parts guy at the volvo...

1967 122 / amazon wagon brakes grab
Thanks for your help--I'll keep my eyes open for a dealer service manual. First thing I need to do is get some tires and take care of the brakes that grab if I step on the pedal too hard. Can anyone...
9
9

xc 70 awd 2000
I just bought a 2000 v 70 xc awd wagon. Are there any things I should be on the look out for? One thing I noticed is that when cruising on the highway about 65 mph, if you ease the gas pedal down an...
6
6

Klaxon horn, siren, whatever?
Hi, Does anyone know where I can obtain a Klaxon (model number may be KW9) horn or (siren) for the alarm system on our 1995 850? The same horn is found on a 2000 S/V70! So far the dealer has not been...

96 850 tilt steering
My tilt steering wheel will no longer stay in position. It locks ok in and out but the up and down will not hold tight. Is their an adjustment? How do you get access? Thanks John

Best repair manual for 1967 122 / amazon wagon
Just bought this running project and I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions soon but for now what's the best repair manual to pick up and is there an owner's manual downloadable anywhere on the...
9
9

1991 240SE Wagon Still not Starting
Im going to try one last time to get this running since the local Volvo shop wants $140 to diagnois the car and it will be $75 to get it towed. The car will start 1st thing in the morning and run for...
5
5

Need 760 Service Manual
Hi all, Does anyone have 760 V6 Service Manual especially the Fuel system and carburetor? thx
1
1

PCV Box, performance, and root cause of sludge?
I have a 99 Volvo s-80 2.9L non-turbo. I have been through a lot with the car that I won't get into but the latest is that the dealer's service people say that the car needs a new PCV box because it...
1
1

'Code" to get stereo working again?!?
I changed the batterie out and now my stereo does not work! It is prompting me for a CODE, which I do not have/know. I am the 2nd owner and, have no idea what happened to the (where it was recorded),...
5
5

economy
Hello there... I am neu to Volvos having been a VW person for decades due to brainwashing but as I am considering changing my present car a 1987 VW golf (a city rat with a once a fortnight 200 mile...
4
4

850 Heater Core Leaking
I have a '96 850 GLT, non-turbo motor, with a problem. While a friend was behind me driving it home for me one night, all of a sudden, I noticed in the rear view mrror that he had completely...
1
1

1987 740 spilling coolant from radiator plug
Today I was sitting in a long line at a drive-through restaurant, like 30 minutes in 100F weather with the engine running and A/C going. The temperature gauge never went above about 1/2 way on the...
5
5

V70 classic load blind becoming rare

volvo keys and key remotes
Has anyone figured out how to buy a new key and/or key remote (both programmed) from any one besides a dealer for a newer Volvo (2001 S40 hope agains hope)? I have found vendors of the key remotes for...
1
1