Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

considering '01 V40 wagon
Seriously considering this model as it's better on gas than an Outback, is certainly more saftey minded (two infants) and well, it's not japanese. Is there any special considerations I should take...
1
1

Weird problem with my 1987 740
I have the 1987 740 non-turbo with 200,213 miles. This morning I encountered a weird problem with my 740. The light turned green and so I gave it gas on the highway as usual. I was just me in the car,...
2
2

99 XC clacking clunking crap
When I turn to the left my '99 XC makes a clacking or clunking noise up front. Any thoughts? Dumped $5g into this car this year alone. (This car has been a piece of sh*t). So is my wife's '98. As soon...
3
3

99 s-80 (yeah that one) 2.9 popping code p0442, MIL light on... need advice
The story thus far: Uninformed about the vagaries (read problems) with this year and model, I bought it used with ~70K miles on it. I spent about $12K back in 2003. I have since put about that back...
5
5

New guy on the block
Just thought I'd say howdy. I currently am driving an '89 740T Wagon on a daily basis, and just bought (or will tomorrow) a '95 850 Sedan. The 850 has 191,000 mi. on it, and everything appears to...
3
3

'86 740 wagon strut/spring issue?
hi all, thanks again for all the help that i've received here about compressors. i decided to do it myself (replace with a new compressor from ebay and do a retrofit as well). as i've been driving my...
5
5

1991 240SE Wagon Still Not Running - Out of Ideas
Thanks for all the advice I have received so far - I really appreciate it. I am getting to the point where I might need to take a break from this car. Five straight days of reading all I can online...
5
5

740 GL, Australia compliance
My 740 was built in 1989 and was fitted with ABS. It has done a mere 190k but now the warning light for the ABS is coming on intermittently. I cleaned contacts, re-soldered relay but still have the...
1
1

Just bought a S60R
Hi, I just bought a S60R 04 model in metallic black with dark blue interior. Anyone go any comments for a new owner plusses and minuses? Mark
7
7

New Volvo products from Vadis Guy
Message 1. New Volvo products from Vadis Guy Posted by: "Vadis" vadguy Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:43 pm (PST) New Volvo CDs / DVDs available from Vadis Guy! Product 1 and 2 below are my latest additions! 1....

1997 960 Sedan, 150k mls; are (lots $$$), problems coming?
I love my Volvo but put, about 20-25k mls on a year am afraid of the "high" milage it is at. On a lighter note, where is a good site to buy Volvo parts and accesories? Such as touch-up paint, floor...
10
10

'98 XC vibration with left turns.....
Have been to dealer twice for audible/palpable (with your feet) "rubbing" or mild vibration apparently from the front left corner when turning left, worse with power on, but also with trailing...
1
1

99 v70 cross contry
I took my car to the dealer for a "free" check up and was told I needed to replace the battery cable, they were getting hot?? What's up with that! They wanted $350 for parts and $300 for labor. Was...
2
2

timing belt replacement
We are about to purchase a '96 960 wagon with 108k on it, in excellent condition (rap wood). The timing belt was replaced at 70k. I have been quoted between $300 and $350 to replace the timing belt...
9
9

Volvo 240 failed MOT
Our car today failed its MOT on several points. Couple of minor things like needing new numberplates, a light was not working and a couple of tyre issues. One of the issues though we are unsure about...
7
7