1990 740 Wagon Headlight loose

Hi all,

I recently bought this car and am gradually taking care of the problems I find.

Being summer I don't tend to use the headlights very much. Yesterday, however, I did and discovered that the headlights seemed to be quite a bit out of adjustment. Not unsafe, just not right.

When I inspected them this morning I found that the driver's side assembly is quite loose and, in fact, one screw mounting is broken.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of assembly ? There's nothing like it shown in either the Haynes or Chilton manuals.

See photos at

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)

Reply to
Perk

I might mention that the oiliness on the screw in the pics is just WD-40 that I sprayed on.

Perk (:>)

Perk wrote:

Reply to
Perk