Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

volvo 240 air mass meter
Perhaps there is a less than tight and clean connection between the wiring harness and the AMM.
3
3

Steering Noise on late V70
"Paul Nicholson" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi: Check oil for servo system.
1
1

diesel engine options
I own a 1985 360GLT (Aussie) and am thinking of replacing the old petrol motor with a diesel one when the time comes. I know these things had a diesel option in Europe but never down-under. Anybody...
4
4

Rattle at about 1750 RPM in 1990 740 Turbo
Have just bought a 1990 740 Turbo, and noticed a rattle in all gears (4 sp w/OD) at around 1750 RPM. It sounds like a "loose tin" kind of rattle, almost like a loose clamp on muffler or something....
6
6

81 and 84 245 compatability
Hi folks, Just bought a 81 245 as a parts car for my 84. How can I found out what parts are interchangeble? I bought it mainly for the rear hatch and rear drivers side door. It's in poor shape, but...
4
4

Reset the service light on 2000 cross country
Hi someone please help. Reset the service light on 2000 cross country Thanks Ray

Security System: 1993 940
Hi, As discovered this morning, my 1993 Volvo 940 was spray-painted without my knowledge. Thankfully, all of the paint came off, but I want to make sure that it won't happen again. I have been looking...

FS: Parts (sniff!) From 1998 S70 - redS70.JPG (0/1)
Sad tale, but true. My beloved 1998 Red S70 (see pic attached) has to go. Thankfully, I have picked up a pristine 1990 740 Turbo, but this one has to go. This post is partly to seek advice, and also...
1
1

Oil viscosity grade for aging Volvos
No, that may be true for some people, but there are many of us who simply want to reduce oil burning. As I wrote, this may not be necessary for a Red Block engine, but it applies quite well to most...
15
15

R12 to R134 conversion question: compressor
I've read the David Urban write up and several other conversion pieces. Here's my question: "Is draining the oil from my existing compressor and refilling it with the new oil considered, 'replacing'...
1
1

S70 Bilstein replacement
Has anyone had Bilsteins installead in the front? If so, do you know if the struts came with new "spanner nuts". I had someone take out my springs/struts to replace the spring seats in my 1998 which...
1
1

Volvo Service GRRRRRRRRRRRRR - - - ts
JUst venting a little over a recent event. The "check engine" indicator turned on last week and I set up a visit to my Volvo dealer to have it extinguished. They are 50 miles from my home and thru the...
5
5

Wiring diagrams for 240?
Hello, I have a 1992 240 wagon. Recently, had ignition problems that appear to have been the air flow mass meter - a substitute has been swapped in and it's running fine. Except... Also had some...
6
6

Part currently unavailable in the US!
Someone hit our 2006 Volvo S40 exactly one month ago and its been in the shop ever since because the shop is waiting for 1 part (radiator support) that is not currently available in the US. Its...
9
9

960 Wagon cranks a long time before starting (and getting worse!)
I have a 1992 Volvo 960 (110,000 mi) wagon that seems to take longer and longer to start. It's been hot and humid here in western PA these past few weeks and this seems to have exacerbated the...
5
5