Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Conked out going down a hill in L3 - 2001 V70 Auto
My V70 has behaved well up to now, but at the weekend I was going down a very long hill (3 minutesish) and so put the car in Low3 to take some strain off the brakes. However when I got to the bottom...
1
1

S70 - what's behind the instrument cluster/glovebox
Of all the S70 posters, I've probably have the most problems lately! I'm trying to prolong the $1000+ expense needed to remove my dashboard to replace/epoxy/whatever the clips that are used to connect...

I've finally figured out what's wrong with today's Volvo!
Men, hear this. I am not a sexist, but I am a man and by the grace of testosterone and gear oil, I believe I finally understand. Volvo -- a Latin term whose meaning is "I Roll"; founded on the name of...
18
18

Cannot remove front bumper
Addition : 1987 740 sedan OK, I removed the front spoiler and then unbolted the 2 side bolts on each side holding the side bumpers on. The front bumper is now apart from the side bumpers. I unbolted...
1
1

Cannot remove front bumper
OK, I removed the front spoiler and then unbolted the 2 side bolts on each side holding the side bumpers on. The front bumper is now apart from the side bumpers. I unbolted the 2 bolts on each side...

Volvo headlight switch
Hi, I have a Volvo S70 non-turbo 1998 model. Recently, I bought a head light switch from e-bay and later I learnt that there were some recalls for this model. How do I find out if this switch is not a...
2
2

Where is the outside air temp sensor located
I have a 2000 V70. Recently, the outside air temp has begun to read abnormally high. Not just after the car has been sitting, but also during extended highway driving. I'm wondering if the sensor...
4
4

Battery dies in heat in '97 850 GLT wagon
I live in the Northeast. We have been experiencing some hot weather the last two weeks. My '97 850 GLT wagon has had a recurring problem. When I park the car in say a open lot with no shade for 2 to 3...
6
6

Used Car: Volvo S80 vs. Acura TL?
My fiance is looking for a car. We have it down to two and would like some suggestions/opinions on which one to go with. 2003 Volve S80 - 44,000 miles 2003 Acura TL - 27,000 miles Price wise, they are...
16
16

Trouble finding a part
Seeking right front signal/parking light lens to replace a cracked lens. Cannot seem to find a place to order it, 1990 740GL Not Turbo. anyone have a source?
2
2

1993 volvo 850 GLT
i have electrical problem and wondered if anyone has come accross this also... i have both low level coolant warning light on and also low windscreen washer level lights on , and they are both full is...
2
2

caring about a volvo 262c bertone
Hello! I'm a new member of the group and a new owner of a volvo 262. I'd like to ask a few questions about maintenance and other stuff to more experienced owners of this car. So, the car I bought is a...
8
8

98 V70 AWD Dissapearing Coolant
98 V70 AWD Dissapearing Coolant I recently purchased a '98 V70 AWD and noticed that the coolant tank was empty. Even after filling it, the level would still disappear gradually until the tank was...
3
3

1991 740 Turbo Questions
Hi all, my name is Bill. I've been a Saab owner for years now, but my 900s died, and I am thinking about switching over to Volvo. I have a down payment on a 1991 Black 740 Turbo. I've never owned a...
1
1

American lense on European Turn Signal housing?
Howdy folks Has anyone ever tried to put an American turning signal lense on the housing of a European turn signal unit? I'm living in Europe, like the lenses that are used in America (the oranje...
5
5