Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'01 V70 AC problem
I had my V70 serviced a couple of weeks back at my dealer. The passenger side was blowing hot and the driver's side was cold then cool in about 20-30 second swings. My dealer pressurized the A/C...
1
1

S40 dash rattle/vibration
I've got an annoying rattle/vibration in the dash of my S40. I removed the instrument cluster to see if I could figure it out..... but couldn't find the source. It seems to be coming from somwhere...
1
1

740 front bushings - to replace all, or some?
I bought a set of bushings for my front end and so far so good. I pulled the radius arms off and will bring them to the shop tomorrow to press out the old bushings and in with the new. I also will...
5
5

Wheel Debate
From the Volvo FAQ's Torque Specs on Alloy & Steel Wheels. [Query:] Is there any difference in wheel nut torque specs between steel and alloy wheels? [Response:] There is no difference in the torque...
3
3

Stiff Transmission, Sore Neck
Would it be safe to say that as a general rule of thumb that Automatic Volvo's shift slightly harsher that other makes of cars. IE: Tractor engine attached to Tank Transmission? Or do I just have a...
7
7

92 740...key contacts cleanable?
On my 88 Camry, two screws could be removed on the ignition key switch and then you could clean the contacts. This fixed the no-start /no-rotate problem it had. The 92 740 turbo wagon does the same...
3
3

restoring faded Camry bumper?
Went and bought some "black magic", and this made it look new...for a few hours or a day. then was faded again. I it going to need flat-black paint of some kind?
2
2

Workshop Manual for Volvo 240GL
I am looking for a workshop manual for my 1986 Volvo 240GL manual w/ overdrive wagon, preferably sourced in Australia. I have the Haynes manual but it lacks the detail I need. I need detailed...
1
1

Kick-down cable adjust. 740...question
Its a 92 Volvo 740 wagon. turbo engine. Its down-shifting out of high gear way too early. Hard to keep it in high gear (OD) Which way do I turn the kick-down cable adjustment to fix this? Would save a...
2
2

definitions of high mileage
hi folks..... thought you might get a chuckle from this. I have a small shop specializing in fleet maintenance for light and medium duty trucks. In today's mail I received an invite from my GMC dealer...
4
4

Idle question on 1987 740 B230F
I've come to believe that a "24 hour" rule exists on my Volvo. It's like I make an adjustment and I don't notice anything. 24 hours later, I start the car and the changes take effect. One example is...
7
7

How do I set my idle? 89 740 Turbo
I have a 89 740 Turbo Intercoller and put a new engine in it and need set my idle as it is at about 1500 rpm at idle? Does anyone know how to adjust the idle lower? Thanks!
2
2

s40 rear light cracked
Hello, I'm in the UK and have cracked my 1999 s40 rear passenger side light cover. I believe I need to replace the whole light "cluster" is this correct (and is this the correct terminology)? If so...
1
1

850 EGR valve replacement
Hi, Our 95 850 is supposed to have the EGR valve cleaned or replaced about every 100k miles, according to the owners manual.One of the local Volvo dealers tells us that not necessary around here...
1
1

Air Pump Solenoid Valve
What will happend if the Air Pump's Solenoid Valve failed ?