Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Venting in 1980 240?
There is a small metal hatch underneath the hood pop for my volvo on the drivers side. A little lever can be pushed/pulled to open and close the vent about an inch or so. Any ideas on what this might...
7
7

Question about 740 cooling fan circuit
Re: 92 740 turbo wagon: Got temp fix on the overheat problem. The fan Autozone sold me as a replacement for the cooling fan was really not strong enough, not enough CFMs, to adequately cool the...
5
5

850 EGR valve replacement tips?
I might use this method: do I have to actually take the throttle body off? Can't I just remove the 2 - 8mm bolts & unscrew the 22mm nut & pull it out from under the throttle body? Would you trust a...

volvo 240 - 2 failures
We have had two failures on the car which seem to be linked. Firstly the rear wiper no longer works (need to fix as mot is due) and also the rear door (boot) no longer unlocks with central locking. It...
19
19

GDI ?
hello everyone does anybody have a Volvo with a GDI engine ? I am very interested in what accelerator pedal position sensor (APS) is used there. it is easily accessible/visible from the space where...

10 mpg search
260 returns some more for "10mpg". Mine too! Why do Vv's like to get 10mpg? hmmm I'll see ho may come back for 12, etc. :) Really, are there perhaps afew common problems that cause this specific drop...
1
1

V70 2.5 20 v - Excessive noise on acceleration
My 1998 V70 runs as you would expect except that there is a deep loud resonance on acceleration. When cruising at any speed / engine revs the car is smooth and quiet but . I've had two exhaust...
2
2

rattling automatic shift lever 240 automatic
Today my 1990 240/auto shift lever started making funny noises. The first thing I noticed was that when depressing the release button and selecting a gear, the shifter rattles across the shift...
2
2

93 940 turbo A/C problem
A/C compressor and blower stopped working overnite. Fuses OK Connection of multi cables @ battery pos cable OK. Relay??? Anyone have experience w/ this sort of problem? TIA. --------------= Posted...

Idle Control problems
Hi, I am pretty new to Volvos and my 1988 240GL is puzzling me because I have read that there should be power going to it as soon as you turn the key to position 2. Before starting, with the...
1
1

99 v70 XC Lights flashing
On my V70 I know my air conditioning isn't working and double checking for leaks though think its the evap. In the meantime sometimes when I start the car, the red indicator lights on the recirc...
3
3

850 stalling - ongoing problem 3 months
'94 850 sedan non-turbo, 205K miles: Had intermittent stalling, random, sometimes at startup, sometimes after engine hot. Seemed worse on hot days, or in heavy hot highway stop+go traffic. Worse also...
2
2

pls forgive me but what does "f.ldd" mean ?
Sorry, but I see this acronym frequently in Volvo matters and despite several searches, I cannot find out what it means. f.ldd thanks
2
2

Part Number?
Hi After a long journey in Europe, I have come to the conclusion that having a wide angle door mirror on the left hand side of my car in addition to the standard right hand wide angle mirror would be...
3
3

Valve Stem Seals for '98 V70 AWD
I am reasonably sure that the puff of blue smoke on start (or after at least a ~30 min rest) indicates an issue with deteriorating valve stem seals. The actual seals are cheap, but are they "easy" to...
5
5