Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Questions on coolant recovery tank...
Its a 1992 Volvo 740 GL turbo wagon. THe car overheated....didn't get into the red, but got up above the usual mid-scale reading. I found the coolant recovery tank was empty. When looking for the...
12
12

1990 240 driver door don't lock
Hello, got a 240 wagon 1990 with power locks, and the driver front door doesn't lock - it locks/ unlocks the rest of the car, but the driver door never locks. Before I take apart the door again (just...
6
6

Jiffy Lube .... not for me thank you!
From a recent Los Angeles TV station news segment:
1
1

S60 cracked headlight - parts source?
I have an '01 S-60 with a cracked right side headlight lens. It looks like a stone got it. So, two questions: first, any suggestions for mail-order parts (I'm located in Maryland)? Second, is this a...
3
3

Diesel Wagon?
Due to a recent tragic accident involving a friend, I am looking for a safe car for my wife and 11 month old daughter. I am pretty well informed on cars, but don't know squat about Volvos, other than...
13
13

Air Conditioner, 96 850 T
Recently the AC on my 850 with 260000 miles started to act up. Sitting in traffic or idling for a few minutes on a hot day causes the AC to stop blowing cold air. After driving a mile or so at normal...

'98 v70 AWD flat tire
I had the bad luck of having a flat on my 98 V70 AWD. This is the model with the viscous coupling that can be damaged by mismatches in tire diameter. I am using 205/55/16 Michelin MXV4s, and have...

Random stalling on my old 95 850 -- SOLVED!
I'd been getting random stalling. Driving along and BOOM! Dead engine, coast to a stop on the shoulder, wait 10-15 minutes, restart and go on. Well, things just weren't going well. I'd spent over...
1
1

noise with hi speed window seal
Hi, on my 2003 S80 I can hear a defect in the front left window seal above 120 km/h. Can I fix this problem without having to replace the seal? Thanks, YB

Polish black saphire
Hi, I have a S80 black saphire with many mini scratches. Is there any particular polish one of you would recommend? Thanks, YB
2
2

S70 ABS light
OK, now my 1998 S70T5's ABS light comes on intermittently. I've done various forum searches, and many mention the ABS and TRAC light coming on together. On mine, it's just the ABS. It comes on when...
1
1

Just curious - how long to damage a valve if clearance is too low?
This isn't a problem I am having, but would like to know. If someone installs new shims and doesn't allow for enough clearance - how long before damage occurs? What sparked my interest in this is that...
6
6

Hose diagram '86 960
does anyone have info regadring hose diagrams on an 86 960.???
1
1

1990 740 Wagon Headlight loose
Hi all, I recently bought this car and am gradually taking care of the problems I find. Being summer I don't tend to use the headlights very much. Yesterday, however, I did and discovered that the...
1
1

'98 v70 sun visors
The sun visors on my 98 V70 seem to "hang" down and do not close flush with the ceiling. Any idea on how I can get them to stay up?
3
3