Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

940 Crank Sensor
I have a 1994 940 and the crank sensor has broken off the back off the gearbox. What is the purpose of the crank sensor and can it be bypassed? Thanks

940 Crank Sensor
I have a 1994 940 and the crank sensor has broken off the back off the gearbox. What is the purpose of the crank sensor and can it be bypassed? Thanks
6
6

Reinstalling intake manifold
I have a volvo 740 GLE 16 Valve. I had to take the intake manifold of to take out and replace the oil trap. I do not know how tight the bolts on the manifold need to be. I do not have a tourque...
4
4

1989 740 GLE Air Conditioning Compressor Controller
I am having a problem with my air conditioner compressor only running for a few seconds then turning off for 15 seconds or so then repeating. Because of the short on cycle time, I don't get a lot of...
3
3

tranny problem
I've got a 90' 740 GL with a bunch of miles on it (over 200,000) and I hauled a load with it the other day and may have screwed up the over drive. It's been about a week since the hauling and it won't...
2
2

Programming used remote
I've bought used remote for my C70 1999. The remote has exact serial number that I need. I've went to my dealer and he said that he won't program it, because I need a brand new remote, that has never...
18
18

Noisey 960 with Fault code on 1995 960
Hi all; I still cannot find what is causing my 960 to give me 314 codes. Little advice given on this list so far has been fruitless, but I am sure someone out there has dealt with this. The engine...
3
3

960 Hand brake adjustment Q
Hi; How does one get the center console off to get at the hand brake adjustment between the two from seats? Regards Ian
1
1

Check engine light or OBD2 reader eraser
Hi All, How do I turn off the check engine light? The car won't pass inspection with it on. I tried disconnecting the battery but nothing happened. I found some check engine code readers/erasers on...

Hot auto fluid, 850 GLT auto
Just been to the south of France (great). I had to drive on a long descent down through the mountains to the coast. this was a distance of about 14 miles some of it quite steep. It was a hot (35C)...

strange M46 behavior
The M46 tranny in my 242T has been acting up lately. The odd thing is that sometimes it's perfectly fine, other times it doesn't like to go into 1st at a stop and I have to jam it in. Sometimes if I...
4
4

computer for '89 Volvo 240DL?
I'm looking to purchase a used computer for my '89 Volvo 240DL. It's the computer that's under the glove compartment in front of the passenger seat. They stole it and they charged me once $500 to...
5
5

1999 V70 XC fluid leak caused small fire&later axial gear froze
My son was driving his 1999 V70 XC & noticed smoke coming from rear of car. Pulled over and lifted hear and saw small flame and doused with water-put it out. Car would start but would not move. Car...
1
1

Volvo 850 GLT
The volvo is a 97 with 180,000. The problem is there is white smoke coming out of exhaust, The motor has a lot of pressure in it. When car is running and you pull dip stick for oil, you can hear the...
3
3