240 stalling fixed

A cobbled up repair by the previous owner was the culprit.

The intake gasket was cracked on the #4 cyl, and repaired with silicone. The silicone melted away, causing the problem.

As to warming it up in the driveway, it's not the ice outside the car that is the problem. I want my glass frost free when I am driving, and this time of year here in the great Adirondack mountains that means warm it up before you go.

Thanx folks.

Reply to
Jeff Townsend

Hi Jeff,

A word........... It would be better to stick to the original thread by clicking on "REPLY GROUP" as you read the replies to your post. Congratulations on finding the culprit and having the decency to let us know how the problem was solved. (Many others don't.) Thanks.

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

Reply to
rick

Nope, "frost free". Car is warm when I park it in winter (no garage). Overnight the moisture of the cooling car crystallizes on the inside of the glass. In the morning to just get in and drive would be suicide. It's not so bad when the temp hovers between 20 & 30 F, but all to often here in winter overnight the temps drop to 0 and below.

It takes at least 10-15 minutes to clear the windows on a cold morning. That is the case in any of my vehicles; the Volvo, the Durango (gotta watch those ball joints!), and my E350 box truck.

rick wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Townsend