480 TURBO - SMOKING AT IDLE ONLY !!

Hi there

My 1989 480 Turbo has only done a genuine 70,000 miles and has a full Volvo Service History but when it is idling it blows blue smelly smoke out of the exhaust. It does not use / burn oil - barely put any in during last 6,000 miles. I am sure it is crankcase breather pipes and / or `breather valves` which are blocked or non functional. Trouble is there are so many pipes and the Haynes Manual is no help in locating the breather system. Please could someone talk / mail me (or send a pic?) so that I can locate respective bits of the breather system which may need cleaning out etc?

Thank so Much

Graham

Reply to
grahal