Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

93 turbo wagon
Does the 93 940 turbo wagon have the trany lockup? I have had two different asnwers. My owners for the 940 refers to it but others tell me the turbo did not have torque converter lock up. I cannot...
2
2

Question about 1975 245 DL
My son maintains that this car used 'leaded' gas, and "I" think I remember putting unleaded in it. I drove it from '75 to '83 and then it became the kids' car until I sold it in '92 or thereabouts....
2
2

V70 Speedo/Temp Gauge/Check Engine Light Problem
The speedo on my V70 suddenly stopped working with no warning at all. The needle is just dead. The odo works fine. At the same time the temp gauge became very erratic, mostly staying at the cold end...
2
2

starter problem getting real expensive
I have a 1987 volvo 740 that developed a starting problem, I would turn the key and just get a loud click from the solenoid but the starter wouldnt go. Since it was the original starte,r I bought a...
10
10

96 850
I have a red 96 850 that I need to sell to someone to part out. It was in a front end accident. It has the third seat and virtually new tires. email me with questions.
1
1

'97 850 tilt wheel
After several years here I don't remember seeing this question here. I have a '97 850 with tilt wheel. The thingy that holds the wheel fixed is getting kinda loose. How do I tighten it so it won't...

windshield washer pump
I was late to add enough antifreeze to washer fluid so it got frozen this winter. In fact added some but didn't work well (because it was over diluted by remaining water in reservoir) Nowadays weather...
9
9

converting from nivomats
My brother has an '87 760 Turbo with a sagging rear end. As I recall, this car has the Nivomat self leveling suspension with the obscenely priced shocks. Is there anything involved in converting to...
2
2

V70 2000 old shape Bump starting
Hi I know this may sound like a stupid question but is it possible to bump start a v70 automatic with a flat battery I have had some advice which goes along the line of this being possible in reverse...
6
6

V40 04 noise - help
Hi all. I have an 04 V40 with a strange noise. when the engine is cold there is no noise but when warm there is a noise that sounds like a belt slipping then gaining tension or a bearing engaging and...
1
1

Archives
I had a LOT of good info stored on my recently-crashed computer. I need to find the archives to recover some of that knowledge. Where do I find the archives? I think they're in Google somewhere but...
3
3

source for Seat Cables '97 960 driver's side.
I had the car in with the dealer (Manhattan Volvo) due to a check engine light and an inability to find a shop to trust in Bayonne, NJ. I was an aircraft mechanic, so I can work on stuff but really...
2
2

S60 fog lights
I have a 2004 S60 AWD with manufacture fog lights installed. Is it possible to have the fog lights always come on automatically when I start the car and close them if I don't need them with the...
5
5

Getting the R-134A retrofit colder
Hi, On my '87 Volvo 240, I've had the air conditioning compressor replaced (along with the hoses) and also had that retrofit done (R-134A if I'm not mistaken). I'm noticing that the air conditioner is...
4
4

Weird codes on a 2001 S40
I've for a 2001 S40 with around 60K miles on it... Been a great car. Anyway, the battery was starting to have trouble starting the car on cold days. I got a new battery from Napa. After replacing the...
3
3