92 240 where’s the AC cooling fan relay?

I have a 92 240 that runs great but the AC blows hot. I knew the compressor had a leak and would only blow cool for a few months before needing a charge. When I first turned on the AC this spring the AC blew hot. A mechanic told me that in addition to replacing the compressor, I needed to replace the electric cooling fan and the electric cooling fan relay.

I only plan on driving the car another year or so, so I was hoping to just get the system charged and get through the summer, avoiding the cost of replacing/retrofitting the compressor.

I decided to start with repalcing the cheapest component, the electric cooling fan relay before anything else. I bought the part online. My problem now is that I can?t find the old one. Where is it? I have a Haynes manual that does a poor job of illustrating its location. I looked all under the hood and in the engine comapartment but saw nothing looking like it. I traced the wire from the fan to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
tml