960 a/c not working.

Hi all;

I spent some time browsing Brickboard for A/C gen on my 19992 960. A gentle hissing could be heard from the front on the car this afternoon, I tried to feel (fingers) for the leak around the 3 sensor entry points, but no luck. I guess I fall into the broken condenser radiator at the front of the car category and was wandering if this is a big job, Any advice on whether I should takle this myself via brickboard?.

I am suspicious of the condensing rad as this seems a big failing with Volvos. Each Volvo I have had I have had to change the radiator usually because of the way Volvo fix solid pipes to the fragile radiator.

Regards Ian (UK Leic)

Reply to
Ian Pellew

I went for a R134 topup (my evaporator is evaporating the R134 into the atmosphere thru miniscule permeable areas due to age). And my Volvo dealer said he has only seen 2-3 960's with failing A/C units and it tends to be the evaporator - he claimed the 960 had the best of the older Volvo A/C's... Much superior to the 850's apparantly.

I took it all with a grain of salt - it's still going to cost a lot of money, doesn't help that my case is "rare".

Reply to
Rob Guenther