air preheat thermostat

My story starts with a bad AMM....second one in 2 years on my 93 940 turbo wagon.....parts guys sold me a air preheat thermostat along with the rebuild AMM...told me that if I didn't buy it, it would void the warranty....well...I can't find the thing on my air box...so did they install one in the 940s?....Thanks

Reply to
Michael Rose

Should be inside the airbox, it operates a flapper on the air input to that metal hose over to the exhaust manifold. In a mild climate you can just remove that hose and no longer risk killing expensive AMMs, the preheat system is worthless, especially on a turbo where you cool the air right back down again with the intercooler.

Reply to
James Sweet

Turbos don't have the hot air system after the 1989 model year, so they sold you a part your car never had.

Reply to
Mike F