Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Volvo XE90 vs. XC90, what's the difference
I know the XC90, but read an article about a XE, but I can't find any decent information about it. Is it a miss spelling, or a nickname? Regards Peter
1
1

B230F losing oil
Our constantly ignored but alway ticking 93 940 wagon is losing oil. I don't even know how much. It's my younger son's drive. Yesterday I asked hime to check oil. He had to add 2 qts. of Mobile 1 to...
6
6

Bosch LH 2.4 or Motronic 1.8 in a 94 940
I'm retriving the codes out of my 94 940 and I dont know which ignition I have. I do know its either the LH 2.4 or the Motronic 1.8, but how do I know which one it is?
2
2

Volvo 240 front door speaker depth
Does anyone know the maximum depth speaker than can be mounted in the upper part of the front doors of a 1990 240? As far as I can tell from surfing around the internet, the maximum depth seems to be...
1
1

are warped rotors visible?
I've been reading a bit about warped rotors, overtorqued lug nuts, turning versus sanding rotors, and measuring the specs of the rotors' thickness, etc. OK, so I can put a tool on the rotors and check...
6
6

Where to find chassis number? '93 850
I need to replace left and right rear parking cables, and need to know my Volvo 850's "chassis number" ? shows two Wagner parts, F133315 and F133320. F133315 shows "To Chassis # 947066" and F133320...
3
3

Lockup vs Non-Lockup
What are the pro and cons when it comes to transmissions with or without Lockup? Thanks
11
11

Regular gas for Volvo?
With gas prices getting so high in the U.S., I am wondering about the implications of using regular gas (octane 87) rather than the medium-grade (89) or high-test grades (93) that I have been using...
27
27

Alternator Light comes on when accelerating
Hi, I have a 1998 S70. I was in the mountains last week where the temp was freezing or below. Since I have come home the alternator light comes on when accelerating from a stop and then and goes off...
6
6

960 driver door stop broken
Is it possible to replace the door stop 'spring' in the lower door hinge without replacing removing or replacing the entire hinge? Thanks.
1
1

volvo 360 b200k to b230k engine swap
any one tried this any one knows what the b230k engine needs above the original I want some more power 100bhp to 113bhp and a lot more torque and the ability to run unleaded or skim the head and run...
4
4

C70 convertible CD changer location?
Where is the 6CD changer installed in the C70 convertible? I have the surround system with the SC-901 head unit, and it has the changer controller cable, but I don't see where the changer would be...

xc70 octane
I am considering buying a 2006 xc70. Can someone please tell me what grade of gas they are using in late model xc70's? I know Volvo recommends premium for their engines, but my 1999 V70 runs just fine...
3
3

Best oil for 1995 Volvo 940 2.3 LPT (in the UK)
What is the best oil that is available in the UK, for a 1995 Volvo 940 2.3 LPT with 93000 miles on the clock. I want an oil that will help the engine and turbo last as long as possible. I am not...
15
15

flashing up arrow on my 850 uk. read inside, please
hi just noticed that my up arrow is flashing on the dash, i seem to have no trouble with my auto box, but also the mode light is flashing. in the centre console, i have heard that you can first of all...
12
12

Volvo S60 windshield warranty issues
Just curious if anyone here has had an issue with Volvo concerning warranty coveraage on a wildshield which had cracked for no apparent reason? This happened to me and I was less than happy with the...
1
1

Rust on S70 ignition key
The plating has worn off the side of my 98 S70 ignition key and rust is forming. What is the best remedy?
1
1

adding a tach tot eh 240.. Wiring? Clock?
I have received the large tachometer to replace the factory large clock on the 240 (and the small clock to go tot eh right of the cluster). Can someone help me with the wiring. The back of the tach...
6
6

850tdi - OBD2 confusion
Hi! I wanted to buy OBD2 kit for my 11/1996 850tdi imported second hand from Germany, to be able to read error codes, reset them etc... I was very happy to see 16-pin connector under the OBD2 marked...
15
15

b200f engine
Hi Group, Can anyone tell me if the B200F is a interference or non inteference engine please? Thanks guys and gals Simon
3
3