Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel injector cleaner *after* oil change
Chalk it up to poor planning, but I just got my oil changed yesterday and would still like to throw in some fuel injector cleaner (Techron, from what I read) before I fill up again. Is this a bad...
9
9

that broken plastic radiator-hose connection...
as a followup, the otherwise excellent radiator was -- and is -- unfixable and had to be replaced. total cost $320 including labor. i hope the guy who made v.p. for suggesting plastic radiator...

'94 850 Horn Ground wire
I have a 1994 850 whose horn would not stop blowing last night. I pulled over and took out the fuse as a temporary fix, unfortunately it seems that fuse also goes to the windshield wipers. After...
4
4

2007 S80 - turning off daylight running lights
Hi there, does anyone know how to turn off the daylight running lights in a 2007 S80? My old S40 had instructions in the manual - the S80 only says to have it done by a dealer.... Thanks, Wolfgang.
17
17

Volvo Cylinders fill with oil on shut down?
Hello, I was told that the Volvo 740 (bf230) when shut down, the engine fills they cylinders with oil so on a start up there is never any metal on metal contact. Is this true? Thanks, Tmuld.
18
18

1985 Volvo 240 DL Oil leak
This is another post for the 1985 240 DL Wagon I am looking to buy. Please excuse any errors, I am fighting bronchitis at the moment. 230,000 miles. Owner is back, I reviewed a stack of paperwork....
8
8

1986 740 Turbo Dies at low idle
I just purchased my first Volvo a week ago as a spare vehicle. I drove about 50 miles today and pulled over on the side of the road (highway) to snap a photo (and left the car running). I returned to...
5
5

2001 Volvo V40 Immobilizer problem
Hi I have intermittent problems starting my car. When I turn the key to start the engine, the lights and dash lights all come on and then I get the X through the car light flashing on my dash and the...
7
7

F/S: 'GIZLAVED' Snow Tires (185/65-15) on OE Volvo 850/S-70/960/S-90 OE Steel Rims
One set (4) of NEW- 'GIZLAVED' Snow Tires (185/65-15) mounted (& balanced) on OE Volvo 850/S-70/960/S-90 OE Steel Rims. Also....1 set of USED that are nearly new, in excellent condition: less than...

AM Radio Reception in S60R
Does anyone else have poor AM Radio reception in S60's. I have a '04 S60R and it's really poor. If anyone has encounted the problem or fixed it, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Cheers, Mark
11
11

VADIS Administrator Password
Can anyone help me with the Administrator password for VADIS. I have version 2004C. I think it starts with '-nqz' or something of the sort. Any recommendations would be helpful, I had misfiled my...
2
2

1991 Volvo 240 Shift Lock
I have a 1991 Volvo wagon with an automatic transmission. If the car sits for more then a few hours, it is very hard to get the car out of park. To get the car out of park, I need to shake the shifter...

'98 v70 2.4l loss of power
Hey! I have a 1998 volvo v70 with a 2.4L engine. For quite a long time, it has had a noticeable loss of power nearly every time I drive it. On occasion, it feels like the the power is normal, -- I...
6
6

Volvo repair costs?
Hello, I'm a college student with a limited budget looking to buy a car for school. I'm currently trying to decide between an 88 or 91 Volvo Wagon and an early 90's Toyota Celica, both with about 150k...
14
14

Volvo 460 automat drgania na postoju
Witam mam volvo 460 1.7 w automacie, w czasie postoju kiedy skrzynia ustawiona jest na drive samochod wpada w nieprzyjemne wibracje, na neutralu problem znika. Co jest tego przyczyna i jak sie pozbyc...

Volvo 960 transmission diagnostics
I bought this volvo a couple of years ago, and as along as I've owned it it's had periodic tranny error light woes. The light used to come on rarely but over time now it comes on within a week of...
3
3

Driving with B230F and B230K ?
Hallow My friends, I've got V740 with B230F motor, and I've got problems with it. I think that it's problem with ignition or something like this,..this engine have 400 000 km. , I can buy new engine...
3
3

Help removing a CR-718 radio/cass. from a 92 740 wagon
My son's learning to drive and the original radio/cassette player in it won't do for him. So he bought a garage sale Pioneer CD player for $10 and wants me to get it installed ASAP. I'd like to do it...
1
1

where are the volvos?
The "E Cost Per Mile" is the energy needed translated into cost per mile for vehicle from concept to scrappage (Dust to Dust) over an estimated lifespan. Data is based on historic scrappage of same or...

Does my 1987 Volvo 740 GLE have ABS (Antilock Brakes)?
I have only had the car a couple weeks and hardly driven it. I have no idea. I am looking at brakes online and it matters if the car has ABS. Thanks!
15
15