Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

86 Volvo 740 Turbo NO HEAT =:0(~
My 86 Volvo 740 T Named Thelma, is having problems. Poor gal, first the heater fan went, I replaced that, now all of a sudden NO heat. It has been cool heat the last year anyway but NONE now. I got...
21
21

Replacing my 760 with something "newerish"
Hi all, I've been toying with the idea of getting a replacement for my ageing '87 760. It runs well, still quite rust free (the rockers and doors are mint, the only thing that is rusting is the...
13
13

generator -> alternator conversion on a 1966 Volvo 122s
I put a new car stereo into my 1996 Volvo, but now I need an appropriate alternator to drive the stereo. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good conversion kit? I saw this one mentioned in past...
6
6

boost control switch 940 B200FT
Hi, Can anyone help? I have increased the boost on my volvo from 7.5psi to about 12.5psi using a bleed valve on the wastegate pipe. On full throtle acceleration in 1st and 2nd I sometimes get a kick...
14
14

Oil consumption on older car
My 1995 850 2.5SE (10v) has now done 210,000 miles (335,000km). In addition to the regular garage serving at 10,000 mile intervals, I change the oil & filter every 5,000 miles, using 10W-40...
5
5

V70 AWD Classic Haldex or Visco?
Looked at a 100k year 2000 AWD auto this morning, with the later '2.4T' VVC engine- would this car have the later problem free Haldex drive? Did they sort the problem with the fragile right angle...
7
7

1995 960 buy or not?
I must start by saying that I am ready to jump back into the land of Volvo after selling my aged war horse 1990 740 this past winter. Driving a Saturn SL2 for the past year has just not been cutting...
18
18

B230E injector bolts
Hi all, I recently checked my 740's injectors and their seals for damage as I noticed that the injectors can be moved around in their sockets, a little more than I think they should. The first three...
4
4

94 940 sunroof drain noise?
Today I was driving rapidly in very heavy rain. Every now and again this very troubling sound would come from over my left ear (US car) I figured it was the sound of water draining somewhere, like a...
1
1

Volvo 850/v70 Intermittent wiper relay mod, where is the relay on an AUDI?
hi want to carry out the mod on a volvo 850, using a realy from an audi, but had a look in a junk yard, but cannot find one on any audi's, was told it was the 9th relay. what sort of year/model and...
1
1

Brand of Oil for '92 240 automatic
What brand and weight of oil do you use in your Volvos? I have been using Valvoline 10-30 for the last 6 years. Was talking to a Volvo mechanic yesterday who said he uses only Penzoil 10-30 and that...
5
5

1988 Volvo 244 auto starts & idles ok, stalls in 4 sec. after put into any gear
1988 Volvo 244 automatic sedan stalls & quits when put into D or R after reasonably good start. Have noticed that depressing gas pedal when in P can also cause stall. Replaced main fuel pump and...
10
10

240 window cranks removal?
Errr... are these the kind with a clippy thing that locks into a groove in the metal, or does that center piece of the crank pop off to reveal a screw? Thanks.
1
1

V40, flat battery - how are you supposed to get in?
I'm sorted now, thanks to the AA, but... if the battery goes completely dead on my V40, how am I supposed to gain access to the car, since the locks all appear to need power to operate? Smash a window...
7
7

Volvo B230FT
I have a 4 cy. Volvo B230M, bad piston, bad valves, much electrolisis on a boat... I purchased a used B230FT in great shape... Can I use my carburators / manifold / etc. on the B230FT and leave the...
4
4

Volvo S70 - AC is not working all the sudden
Hello Volvo experts, AC is not working all the sudden - It worked couple of weeks ago. So, I did the following test. First, I check the AC pressure(where the cap says "Max 6 N.m) by pressing the the...
1
1

2002 XC70 Fuel Filler Door Problem
I have a 2002 Volvo XC70 with a fuel filler door that won't open. Does anyone know if there is a manual release cable for an XC70? I pulled the cover over the passenger tail light and couldn't find...
2
2

S40 Is there a automatic transmission dipstick
Just purchased a used 01 s40,in the owners handbook makes reference to trans oil type and quanity but no reference to if theres a dipstick. Is there or not??
6
6

Anti-Theft devices: opinions? (specifically on hot-wiring...)
I am going to moving to one of the more crime-ridden cities in less than a few months, and I'm starting to look at anti-theft devices. The three I were considering were the PowerLock, Viper GPS...

S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?
Just recently my drivers door lock started buzzing, like a gear may be stripped when I try to close / open it, but it works - at least so far. I'm sure there is a gear that drives the lock up and...
4
4