Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Volvo V70 25d 2001 Back door problem.....
---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * NewsLeecher - The Complete Usenet Package
3
3

1990 Volvo 760 Turbo: Black smoke when Turbo kicks in
My 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo (Intercooler) has weak accelleration and billows black smoke when the Turbo kicks in, especially under load up a steep hill (but also when accellerating by putting the gas...
6
6

740 pinion seal replacement
Hi, I have a pinion seal that is allowing lubricant past it. I do my repairs in the driveway and am looking for pointers to taking this on myself. Are there any special tools or fixtures needed to do...
3
3

Differences between sc-815 and 816
Hi All, Just picked up a 95 850 and want to exchange the radio/cassette for either sc-815 or sc-816 w/indash CD, but I do ot know the difference between the two models. Can anyone help? Many thanks.
3
3

B28F to B28E
Does anyone know what parts are needed to upgrade a B28F to a B28E? Is it just the fuel distributor and the Control Pressure Regulator that are different? Thanks, Rick
18
18

Old debate - B230F: Is it an Interference Engine?
This may be a tired question on this forum. I am a new owner of a 1994 940T (B230F Engione). I do not know the vintage of the timing belt on this car (with 104K), but before I plunk down $500 to...
10
10

Wiring diagram V40 1999 phase 1
Hi all, is there anyone that can help me to get a wiring diagram for a V40 1999 phase 1. I'm looking for the diagram which includes the lights, front fog lights to be speciffic. Thanks in advance....

Volvo 940 2.o Turbo Coolant water
Hi My VOlvo 940 has a misterious problem. It loses coolant water (at the rate of about 1l per week) yet there is not sign of a hose leaking or a radiator leak. Also the engine is running very smoothly...
3
3

How much oil consumption is normal for an 850 (non-turbo)?
This is the first time that I have done an oil consumption test on our 850. There was a loss of about 0.5 quarts (maybe a little less than that) in 1100 miles. This was measured using the dipstick....
12
12

94 850 ABS faults, FIXED!
To illustrate one advantage an older Volvo has over newer ones: My 94 850 Turbo wagon (200K plus) turned on the ABS fault light on Monday. After I parked it for a while and restarted, the light went...

Help me with my radio...
I have had a problem with my radio for a long time in my 1990 740T. Its a TD-6141 with the EQ underneath. The radio cuts out the front speakers if I turn it up too loud. Finally today I decide to...
9
9

'86 740 GLE speedometer/tachometer
My odometer stopped working so I removed the cluster and took apart the speedometer to get to the odometer. The problem with the odometer was what I suspected,a plastic gear was stipped. I replaced it...
6
6

V40 gear oil
Hi, I work for land rover and if we have a problem with a noisy gearbox or it is difficult to select gears then the gearbox gets drained and refilled with ATF (dexron3) Can anyone tell me if it i´s...

How to test S80 2 speed fan.
I have a 2000 Volvo S80 T6 that is overheating with the air conditioning on. I first suspected the thermostat, but was told there have been problems with the 2 speed engine fan. Any ideas on how to...
4
4

what creates P0172, System too Rich (Bank 1) ?
I have been trying to track down the source of a P0172 code on my 96 850 with 108K, and have had all of the vacuum lines replaced with no success. I am wondering exactly what creates this code...does...
4
4

740 Dash/Instrument Light Problem
Hello All, Volvo 740 1989 "G" reg. I've got a problem with my Instrument illumination lights, sometimes they work but more often than not, they don't. Problem has been getting worse over a period of...
3
3

S80 Kick Down Problem
Has anyone experienced this before? 1999 S80 Auto 2.9 85k mile. When I do a kick down, engine accelerates fine to 4.5k revs then suddenly falls back to 2k revs and then starts accelerating again to...
4
4

Volvo 850 Turbo smoking, no power
Hello, My girlfriend has a 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo. She told me that when she first got it, it was very quick, which is what I would expect. Since then the power had fallen off, so that by the time we...
12
12

S80: door lock / window problems
I have a 2000 Volvo S80. If I close or open the doors (remotely), sometimes the front-right door does not react; but most of the times it works fine. It also happened a few times for the front-left...
2
2

Fuel Pressure Regulator
Hi i recently found out that i do now have spark and gas flwoing to the engine yet it does not start. I purchased a new fuel pressure regulator and tommorrow i am goin to put it in. I am thinking that...
1
1