Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VOLVO 940 GL - What is the difference with Soft Turbo & Turbo?
Hi, I would appreciate if anyone can explain to me on how determine if a Volvo GL (A) - 1995 is soft turbo or turbo or not turbo? Also what is the difference between ...Soft Turbo / Turbo / No Turbo.
1
1

volvo 440 headlight adjustment
I have problems with the headlight adjustment with the switch on the middle console it seems to work hydrolic and it only works for the left side. right side does not move (i hav taken the adjuster...

SC-901 Volvo bil-radio-CD-bandspelare
Hej! Cd delen verkar ha pajat sedan pojken "tröck" in två CD´n. Vad att göra? Vad kostar rep? Vad kostar (går det?) att byta till 6CD? Funkar det med en extern disc changer? mvh Lars

Vadis ID's, passwords and time resettings
Hi, I have a chance to buy a Vadis DVD which has Volvo service information on it for my cars. The seller does not know what it means to need an ID or password, or how to set an .INI file so that the...
3
3

Tweak HU-1205
Hello, Somewhere on the internet I read that the HU-1205 can be tweaked. You can tweak the navigation system so the destination can be adjusted while driving and you can tweak the sound settings for,...

440 Idle Problem
Problem with my 95 440 1.8 Si... again. Lack of power when first accelerating (both from standstill and when already moving). It's almost as if something is sticking or restricting the fuel flow....
6
6

Volvos Made in Belgium?
Was working under the hood of my 1984 242 and looked at the ID plate for the first time and was shocked to see "Made in Belgium" I always thought all Volvos were made in Sweden. Were they made...
25
25

S80 stuck in park - different owner
I recall reading about an owner that was experiencing his S80 sticking in park some time ago. I had this same thing happen to me last night with my '99 S80 T6. I was visiting a friend and the car sat...
3
3

740 Fuel pump tank or under floor
It should be easy to determine where the noise is coming from, open the fuel filler cap (engine on) you should hear a nice whirring sound if anything at all. Then listen to the underbody pump, if it...

Volvo 740 Idle Speed
Hi All I need to raise my idle speed on my B230E volvo. Can you give me some ideas of where to go poking Many Thanks! D.
5
5

940 heater cold
940 turbo estate, 95, UK, manual, non-air con Recently my heater seems to be playing up. It was always a bit crap with it still not hot when the temp guage is right at the middle, but now its...
15
15

Fizz 905 Turbo Timer installation...How-to
Just got a used Fizz turbo timer which I'd like to install in my '89 740 Turbo however it did not include the wiring harness so I'll have to hard wire it. I'm pretty sure that the install is fairly...

Bulb Failure Position Light
What does Bulb Failure Position Light message mean and what is the fix? All my lights work properly.
4
4

PVR B28F vs B280 ?!?!
Hi all, I checked my VIN # and it shows that I have a B28F engine in my 1987 760 GLE. But I thought that 1987 760s had B280F. (in North America) Which is the better engine, any huge differences? hp?...
6
6

B23FT pistons
I've had a B23FT in the shop for quite a while now, but they've had a ton of trouble locating suitable pistons to rebuild it. I know some of you guys have hot rodded these motors, where did you get...
3
3

Volvo 10 disc CD changer (made by Mitsubishi) - wiring config for connectors.
Hi, Any one know the pin outs for the above mentioned 10 disc CD changer (Volvo part no.: 9488926-1). There's a blue socket with 5 in-line "pins" and an 8 pin DIN socket. Unit has been brought to me...
1
1

Volvo 740 running problems...
I've skimmed Google for suggestions, but none of the symptoms others had described seemed to fit the bill, so here goes. Ok, I have a 1990 model Volvo 740 estate, powered by a pierburg carburettor fed...
34
34

1980 Volvo DL: horn, windshield wipers and radio all going dead simultaneously
Hello, My 1980 240DL developed a strange electrical problem. The horn, radio and windshield wipers periodically go dead, all at the same time (and sometime they come back on). So I think it must be...
4
4

1982 240 brake bleed procedure
I just replaced the caliper on my 82 turbo 240 volvo, and was wondering the proper procedure for bleeding the brakes. I noticed that the caliper has either 2 or 3 bleeder valves on it. This was the...
4
4

87 240dl - start problem #3
Previously posted this saga, and it continues. cranks, but won't fire. made all checks from 25a fuse to fuel tank pump everything in between...all "good". gave up, sent car to local mechanic who...
2
2