Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

240 Flasher Relay - Where?
Hi Gang, My 1990 240 turn signals stopped working after hearing loud buzzing. I assume I need to replace my flasher unit, like this one: 90I'm not sure where to look for the Flasher Relay. Is it...
3
3

What does the "SR" mean?
Would your car happen to have a sunroof?
13
13

2005 XC90 CEM corrosion
From 2005 XC90 CEM A Volvo mechanic showed me this bit of insanity. The CEM1 circuit board sits on top of CEM3 circuit board and they are soldered to each other via header pins. CEM3 is conformably...
5
5

HT vs. LT, Volvo C70
I'm shopping around for C70's, preferrably 2004. Can someone give me an honest description, pros and cons etc. of HT and LT turbos? I don't need a race car nor do I need any more complications than...
1
1

S40 Diagnostic Trouble Code "P1650"
My S40 giving a permanent P1650 error code for a long time. I thought it was because of worn spark plugs (I found an description on internet telling to do so) so I replaced them but nothing changed. I...
1
1

Volvo 240 Starter removal replacement
Having fruitlessly searched for tips on getting the starter off my car, I just went at it and found a way. The 240 starter (in my case a 1990, but will apply to many other years as well) is held on by...
2
2

Turning off daytime running lights on a 2002 V70
Is there any way for an owner to do this?
26
26

VOLVO V70: what is it ? "zeit fur regelm. wartung"
Hi, my computer in Volvo V70 2002 bifuel shows "zeit fur regelm. wartung". Could ypu help me anyone, what does it mean ? Thanks, Pawel
7
7

volvo 850 sc700 radio code entry
I have a volvo 850 with an sc700 radio fitted. Today I changed the battery on the car and then went to enter the code into the radio. I entered the code given with the radio 3 times but each time it...
5
5

What does an average 90,000 mile service cost?
So Im approaching 90k miles on this 1994 850 NA and I've been reading that prices generally cost about $1200.00 to perform the 90k service. This seems ridiculous to me, so what are you paying at the...
11
11

jumbo brake upgrade for 740
Hi folks. I have a 1986 740 Turbo Intercooler that I want to upgrade the brakes to 'jumbo'. I read the post on brickboard, and it all seems pretty straightforward. Once I have the 2 piece hubs on,...
1
1

My 92 Volvo 740 is leaning to the left......
Its around an inch lower on the left side, suspension is apparently sagging on that side. Ovbviously the rear left suspension is affected, too. Do I need to change the left hand strut, or shock or...
11
11

240 engine area rattle finally fixed
When I bought the 240 it had a 2000-2100 RPM rattle. I mentioned it here about two years ago and a solution was mentioned, but i never got around to it, just living with it. I finally had a few spare...
3
3

plastic part
Like I said, I have a 2002, S80 T6. The plastic part has item printed on it - LH 1882. It is on the post where the seat belt comes on the driver side.
1
1

sc-801 stereo code needed!!!
Hiya all... is it possible to obtain a radio code for my father in law new (1995?) volvo.... Its a sc-801 (volvo standard radio ????) He needs a code to get it to work??? Any help much appreciated!!!...
2
2

Oil Blow - Flame Trap Clogged? B230FT (940 Turbo)
I looked at my wife's engine (B230FT - USA 1994 940 Turbo) today and noticed quite a bit of oil around the oil fill cap, and the trail of it running down the valve cover and off the back end of the...
8
8

440 sump plug size
Hello, I just bought a '93 440 1.8 (great car for not a lot of money!) and i'm about to change the oil - just wondering what size sump plug tool I need to buy? Thanks, Dan
6
6

Volvo 460 Engine problems
Hi I've got a 1992 Volvo 460 GLE injection (B20F) with a couple of engine problems. Firstly oil consumption is really high, from a full sump (max) after about 200 miles it's barely above the min mark....
1
1

PRV V6 Volvos - are they really that bad?
Here is an interesting topic for discussion. The Volvo 260 (264/265) and 760's had the dreaded PRV V6 engine. Are they really to be avoided like the plague; especially the earlier ones?
19
19

Volvo coolant Type C
Hi all, Here's a quick one: my coolant is low but the stuff already in there is yellow-brown Type C coolant. Does it really matter? I was told that most manufacturers try to do this sort of thing...
6
6