Best Rated threads in Volvo automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Check Engine Light, No Codes
OK, this is a puzzler. The CEL is on in my 1995 850 (non-turbo). It comes on about 5 seconds after the car is started and remains on. There are NO codes. The only blink code is the "I'm OK and there...
4
4

1995 Volvo 850 - Trouble Code P0755
My check engine light is on and the only code I see is P0755, but it isn't always there, it comes and goes. I am not seeing any performance degredation so I wonder why this code comes and goes. Also,...

"Floating" feeling at high speeds+other problems-fix or junk car?
My 1988 Volvo 240 DL has served well for many years, but is now worth under $1,000. Its main use to me right now is if it can last for six or more months and save me from having to buy another car...
3
3

92 740: timing belt moving forward!
Its a b230FT 4-cyl turbo. Well, I got the car running again by timing it correctly. However, now the timing belt is not staying in the proper position on t The pulleys, it is moving forward over the...
11
11

Problem ?
Hi. I have a Volvo S80 TD 2.5 auto. On the computer i can see the following info: MOTORSYSTEM ATG. NASTA SERV. and Lambda light is on. What is that mean ? Is there a way to change the swedish language...
1
1

Ratteling Noise Coming From Rear Of Car?
If it is the shock bushing then is that something that needs to be fixed quickly? or is it safe to drive still? and is it expensive to fix? obviously I don't want my wheels falling off! Maybe its not...
8
8

oil-change cause rough idle?
per our '97 volvo 960 wagon, we had the oil changed at a drop-in mechanic/tire shop chain a few weeks ago and, about three days later, the engine started idling rough. a mechanic friend of the...
7
7

Volvo 440 Alarm
I have a 400 1.9TDI. The alternator recently failed and since I have replaced it and charged the battery the alarm light continuous blinks when driving. How can I switch this off? I understand it...
7
7

1999 S80 hissing noise when pressing gas pedal
1999 Volvo S80 There is a hissing noise when I press the gas pedal. It gets quieter when I don?t, louder when I press harder. It also gets louder the longer I drive. Sounds like a soft hiss, and then...
1
1

engine knock 88 240 non turbo
160k mi. Knocks loud at start up. You can here it destinctively from 30 feet away. Gets lower about twenty minutes at highway speed (55-60). Is suttle but present at idle, after an hour of driving. On...
5
5

code reader for 1994 volvo 850
can anyone recommend a code reader for my 94 850 turbo? it apparently requires the OBD1 interface and I cant seem to find one that works on a volvo
4
4

J Sweet: where is B230F eng speed sensor?
(Or anyone else) Re: 1992 Volvo 740 turbo 4-cyl in line.... I know you are familiar with these 740 cars. I rechecked the codes being set, and the code for a bad speed sensor is being set. I found bad...
9
9

Can anyone help with wiring diagram for a Volvo CR-702 radio cassette?
Hi Guys Recently bought a 1990 740 (Base model) without radio/cassette. So I bought an original CR-702 off ebay figuring I could plug it right into the electrical connections in the car. HOWEVER, the...

Fouling of plugs in '86 Volvo 240GL
My 1986 Volvo 240GL has suddenly started fouling the plugs in a very short time. I have brought it to the local mechanic, discovered it was getting too much fuel and has replaced the fuel injection...
7
7

Pi**ed at Volvo (about S70 smog test)!
This have been driving me nuts! Due to approaching California smog test deadline (in a few days), my 1998 S70 non turbo was repaired of several emission-related (EVAP) leaks about a month ago and...
13
13

s40 vibration at 40 mph
my 2001 s40 (80,000 miles) had developed a vibration problem. When I drive at 40-50 mph the front vibrates/shakes. Sometimes this occurs at 30mph. I got the tires balance, that didn't fix the problem....

V50, creaking driver's seat
anyone else had this? 2004 V50 2.0D SE, leather seats whenever I go round a corner there's a kind of creaking/clunking noise from underneath the driver's seat. It sounds a bit as though there's a coke...
2
2

2004 xc70 idle speed
What would be the correct idle speed in a 2004 xc70? (34,000 miles) Mine seems a little rough at 750rpm, while at standstill. No problem with acceleration though. Paul
1
1

2006 S60 Windshield replacement
Hi all, My cracked windshield (flying rocks off a dump truck) is about to be replaced. I'm a bit nervous because my car is only 6 months old. Is it a straight forward job to replace the windshield on...
4
4

960 heater vent selction
Hi, Apologies if this has been posted before, I looked, but couldn't find! My 960 will not select the blower vent position, it's stuck blowing in the footwell, and won't change when the selector knob...
3
3