Door trim on 1995 Volvo 940 2.3 LPT

I have just bought an example of the above car. On the three others I looked at the interior door covering (vinyl?) was buckled up in several places on the horizontal section running along the base of the windows (see

for an example).The car I bought does not have this problem except for a ~0.5" section atthe rear of one of the rear windows. What is the cause of this and is there anything I can do to stop it spreading or occurring elsewhere?

And, does anyone have any suggestions for tidying up or disguising the resultant mess when the problem does occur?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Jenkins