idle problems

My wifes 740 turbo suddenly revs up quickly then settles down to a sweet idle .It does its rarely ,but you wouldn't want to be behind a car at the lights when it happens .Any clues please?I have cleaned the air idle mixture unit out as it was messy but this is a different problem .It revs quick and fast then returns calmly at around 800 rpm .

Reply to
John Robertson

Sounds like an intermittent short in the wiring harness leading to the constant idle speed motor. Replace the wiring harness.

Reply to
zencraps