Looking for a new 2007 wagon

Wife had a 240GL wagon and like it a lot. We haven't looked at Volvo for some years so what is a good 2007 new station wagon for her. Number one is safety then reliability, power and fuel economy. She also like leather, electric operated seats, nice sound system with a GPS. Two wheel drive is fine, don't need 4 wheel drive.

So, which model(s) do you recommend?

Reply to
# Fred #

you need to drive the v70 & v70r wagons....nice...a bit pricy, but bery nice...(imho)...spend a hour driving each one.....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Although this is a Volvo group you might also consider the Mazda6 wagon. Looked at one recently. Seemed very nice and comparably equipped was about

12K less than the Volvo. Mazda interior materials have greatly improved over the last couple of years.

Howard

1985 245 1993 945T
Reply to
Howard Nelson

I had an Mazda RX-4 wagon years ago with the rotary engine. That sucker was nothing like the my Volvo 240 wagon. I'll check out Mazda6 out anyway.

Reply to
# Fred #

Well, since AWD isn't too important to you (it is for me in northern Connecticut), I would look at either a V70R if you want speed, and might I say looks, or just a plain V70.

I also hear that the new BMW 5-Series wagon is pretty nice too...I haven't driven it yet myself but you might want to take a look at it depending on your price range...

Reply to
Robert