Volvo V70 XC 2001 (USA)

I have been asked to contribute about 800.00 to my local Volvo dealers bottom line and have the brake booster on a Volvo XC replaced. We get a hissing noise when taking your foot off the brake. There are - currently - no problems with braking.

What is this part? And does this replacment cost make sense? I live in the Bay Area (CA,USA)

Reply to
UCS308

The brake booster provides your power brakes from what you posted one would think that your car is out of warranty due to mileage? if the booster fails you will lose your power brakes I have changed a few due to what you describe the choice is yours Glenn

Reply to
G Klein