Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 Cabrio
Hi, How do I get to the passenger side running light? My wheelwells still have splashguards in them so I can't reach that way and I'm not sure I can find them reaching from underneath (maybe I need to...
4
4

Where has everyone gone?
Hi, used to be quite an active group. Where has the discussion moved to? When I search for alternative groups for watercooled VWs, I find mostly very narrow groups that, for instance discuss...
23
23

How to tell if 2006 Jetta 2.5 has optional side air bags
My daughter just bought a Jetta. It has ESP, and I see 3 SRS symbols above the windows on both sides one beside the windshield, one on the center post between side windows and one behind the back seat...
5
5

Las Vegas detailing 98 Cabrio
do I have to take my 98 Cabrion to a detailer to get the headliner cleaned? Have you ever cleaned your soft fabric headliner? How?

Wheels
I have a chance to get 17" wheels from a CC. Will there be any clearance problems putting the on my 2005 passat gl? Cecil

2003 Jetta TDI "Check Engine" light on
Just purchased a 2003 Jettat TDI with 70,000 miles from a private party (engine code ALH). During the test drive, I noticed that the "check engine" light was on. When mentioned to the owner, he told...
6
6

Is my expereince unique? 2003 Passat
I need to vent. I purchased a 2003 Passat GLS new in August 2003. The car has been generally reliable. Until recently, I've really been very happy with it. But now, with 75,000 miles on it, that's...
7
7

95 Passat Security System
Problem: Security light on the driver's side door flashes normally for about 30 seconds. Then it flashes more rapidly (about twice as fast). The alarm (horn) sounded at 6 AM yesterday. Does ayone know...
2
2

Jetta TDI - Injector Pump "Security" bolt
I've got a 96 Jetta, TDI. The gasket is leaking around the injector pump head but there is a triangular shaped security bolt (on the left front corner of the head of the injector pump) that defies...
2
2

2009 Tiguan turbo question
How much boost does the turbo on the 2.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine for North America produce, and can it be turned up a bit to enhance the power? Stuart H.

95 Jetta headlights
I have a '95 Jetta. My current headlight covers are the stick-on kind. They've been on the car for several years now and have become somewhat opaque which dims the headlights quite a bit. I'm looking...

Turn off automatic door lock on 2009 Jetta Sportwagen that doesn't have the dash menu system?
We have a new Jetta Sportwagen that is te most basic trim model--no trip computer, no nothing. The manual's instructions on how to turn off the automatic door locking only says how to do it if you...
1
1

89 Cabriolet
When car is started it does not sound like the fuel distribution system is running. If memory serves me, you can hear it humming. Thoughts? Thanks,
2
2

Golf mk2 stalling
My mk2 1.8 has been stalling. Usually it's when I'm in town and have to stop quickly. I put in the clutch and the revs drop to zero. It always starts right back up. It doesn't happen all the time....
4
4

95 jetta upper starter bolt
I'm having trouble getting to the upper starter bolt on my 95 jetta 2.0. It seems there should be a bolt to loosen the wire harness, but I can;t seem to feel it. I see where the bolt sould go though...
1
1