Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how many mile to a tank of fuel?
not long had my vw golf 1.8 auto. it is 16 years old has been looked after and only done 85k. how many miles should i get out of full tank of fuel? at the moment a am only gettin around 260, is there...
28
28

2006 VW Jetta 2.5 alarm system
Hello all, My wife recently purchased a 2006 VW Jetta 2.5. Last weekend we attempted to install an aftermarket alarm system, but the audio shop told us that there is an adapter they need that is not...

A3 Jetta hard to start
A friend of mine is having problems with her 1998 Jetta GL (Automatic transmission). Over the past few weeks it has gotten progressively more difficult to start this car in the morning. The starter...
5
5

no power to coil
I'm putting an 86 cabrio engine in a 85 vanagon and all is hooked up and fine except I'm getting no power to the coil (+,15) I am getting power about everywhere else. I'm more into aircooled where you...
1
1

Vw Scirroco
I have big problems with my scirrocco. I read a minute ago about the strange iddling i suffer from the same problem and its fine once the car has been run and the engine is warm. The main problem to...
7
7

Auto Trans Question
We're talking about a '99 Jetta, 2.0, 4-speed auto transmission. Doesn't belong to me, but I drive it about twice a year and do routine maintenance on it. About 6 months ago, I noticed what I thought...
2
2

How tough are A1 stub axles?
I had the rear wheels off on my '84 Scirocco and noticed that the passenger side drum would not turn as easily as the driver side - definitely some binding going on (no, the e-brake was not set). So...
3
3

2001 TDI - Smokey start, low cold power
I already had this issue at the end of last winter, I think I am better solve it before the cold starts again: I spew a lot of smoke and start with very low power in my 2001 VW Golf TDI. Now at...
3
3

96 Jetta P0501 code
Hello, I just purchased a 1996 Jetta GLS that is throwing a P0501 (Vehicle Sensor A - Range/Performace) code. It starts cold perfectly and runs for a while without problems. After it warms up, it will...
4
4

Oil filter drain screw 95 VR6
I had the oil changed about a month ago. I saw some driveway spotting. The oil is clean, so it was not initially obvious. Looking under the car, I see a hole in the bottom of the filter cap. I was...
5
5

Ultra-low sulfur in TDI
Many stations are now carrying ultra-low sulfur. I have heard different things about this. For one it will harm current diesel engines. I have a 2004 TDI. Is what I heard true? Do I need to run...
3
3

my vw vr6 m94 stopped alone!!
Hi all; I have vw golf vr6 M94 atuo, yestrday, when I tryed to trun on, it workd but when I leave the key of igition switch, the car turn off, I tryed Three times till it worked. But when I runned...
7
7

Catalog companies
Hi I had a question does anyone know of any catalog companies that sell parts for older and newer water-cooled vw's specifically I have a 84' Jetta. Thanks ahead of time
4
4

Interchangeable Parts
To illustrate the reason for my question below, I have learned that the A/C compressor on an 82-86 Capri, 82-93 Mustang, 84-86 LTD, 85 Marquis, 85-88 Cougar and 85-88 Thunderbird are all...
1
1

Changing out the gear oil in a 96 Jetta GL w/ 5spd...
Hello, A co-worker of mine owns a 1996 VW Jetta GL w/ 5 spd tranny. Lately she?s been hearing a whine from the shifter area when coming to a stop or accelerating from one. The noise has been growing...
17
17