Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

85 diesel with broken timming belt
What damage is caused when the timming belt breaks on an 85 diesel golf 1.8lt engine? Thanks Mario vintage werks resto
4
4

Diesel Headache (Old Skool 1500 vs. 1600)
I'm dealing with rebuilding a 1.5D in a 1985 Vw Golf. Yes I know that it would have came with a 1.6- but the block just has a "D" on it and the wrist pins are 22mm not 24. Making it a 1.5. Looks like...
2
2

Location of coolant temperature sending unit on a 1999 VW Passat
Does nayone know the whereabouts of this unit? I bought a replacement for ~$8 (the easy part). If so, is it hard to replace? Thanks
1
1

Heat shield
How big an issue is it if the heat shield under the passenger compartment came off? Shields the resonator after the cat I believe... Car is a '95 Golf Sport.....

PCV Valve for 1976 Rabbit
The original crankcase ventilation for the Rabbits used a restrictor in the hose from the camcover to the carburetor intake. As a later "upgrade", a PCV valve was retrofitted into the ventilation line...
2
2

FS:1982 Rabbit Diesel Tools and Manual
Our 1982 Rabbit diesel has been gone for 2 years and I would like to sell the tools that I used to maintain it. -8mm-12 allen socket 3/8 drive for CV bolts ------paid $7 -Exhaust spring clip tool...
1
1

97 vw jetta
Auto transmission, recently serviced but did not fix the problem i was having. The car will not go when in R or D until car reaches operating temp then it is jumpy at start and shifts roughly into...
2
2

98 Jetta Gl: Oil Change.
As the 3rd owner of this 98 Jetta GL, I've now feel as if I have been thru a hazing of sorts for having changed the oil myself. The previous owner, appears not to have changed the oil in 20,000 miles....
4
4

replaced alternator still not charging, what could it be?
OK, this s a wierd one, I replaced the alternator on my rabbit D. It worked for 5 minutes, then got an alternator light agian. My question is, could something else be burning the alternator out? It...
1
1

Need intake boot for '81 Scirocco
Hello. Anyone know a aftermarket source for the short rubber boot that connects the intake manifold to the plastic tube that goes to the fuel distributor? $53 dealer price seems excessive. thx, nf
1
1

Side Turn-Signal light on 2001 Jetta - how to change?
Hi all, I have a 2001 Wolfsburg Jetta with a burned out side turn-signal light (the light on the fender immediately behind the front wheel). I need to change the bulb but can't figure out how to get...
1
1

2007-09 Model Trends from VWoA
There is some good news coming out of VWoA regarding their model lineup (at least I see it as good news). According to the following web page: snippets: Small car: VW has promised U.S. dealers a car...
3
3

2000 Jetta Compressor
Anyone had a dealer replace one? How much?

84 VW Rabbit GTI - Hard to start when hot
Regarding my recently aquired 84 VW Rabbit GTI - manual trans - 8 valve. I have read posts regarding topics relating to hard, hot starts but have some additional questions. The car starts fine when...
7
7

Why 5 cylinders?
Why do all the new vw's have 5 cylinder motors? In these days of high gas prices, wouldn't a nice, high mileage 4 be better? I'm disappointed ...
33
33