Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel door release not working
I went to fill up today, and my fuel door release is not opening the fuel door. Is there another way of getting the door open with out going to the dealership? I can hear the release working when i...
3
3

Passat replacement engine
My Passat 1.8T's engine finally terminated yesterday. I am now loooking round for a replacement engine and was wondering if rather than replacing it with the same 1.8T it would be possible to replace...
3
3

changing an airbag slip ring
my airbag light is on all the time the ignition is on. Took it to vw and they said the fault was the slip ring in the driver side airbag. they want £90 for the part and £97 to fit it I've read on...

Passat electric window problem
passat salloon 2.0 auto M reg the front left passenger window won't go down. If I take the inner panel off the door and press the window switch I can hear a small click, I've tried using one of the...

Relay 104
Ok, this is the same car I posted about a few weeks back. 1993 Volkswagen Passat TDI 5spd 280285km we've bought new Glow plugs, Installed them, and it still doesn't work, and I've cleaned the Fusible...

Trim backing
My trim is still is relatively good shape. The problem is after removing trim panels to do interior work a number of time on the 88 Fox, the corkboard has ripped up where the nylon retainers are...
1
1

Why VW's get bad gas mileage?
Yep, I'd rather have a car and numbers that actually matched real-world driving conditions not something artificial and unlikely to be reproduced. Well, I'd rather get great mileage AND real-world...
43
43

Buying secondhand VW Camper in Mexico City?
Looking to travel around mexico for a few months in a camper, could anyone recommend anywhere in mexico city to find out prices, documentation for foreigners, etc. Many thanks to anyone who can...

Possible engines for a 1986 vw westfalia
What are all of the possible engines for a 1986 vw westfalia? Will a Jetta engine work? What year and type? Will a golf engine work? What year and type? I know a subaru will work but what year and...
1
1

Engine runs at high RPM's
have a 1988 fox wagen. When started it runs at high idle or 3000rpm's plus and stays there. Has a 1781cc injected gasoline engine. Any thoughts??
1
1

WTB '92 Cabriolet...any gotchas?
Hi everybody, Since an old man in an '87 Caddy rear-ended and destroyed my beloved '92 Jetta, I'm in the market for another car. There are a couple of '92 Cabriolets for sale here in Winnipeg right...
2
2

Distributor rotor removing
How should I replace the distributor rotor of my 2.0 ABA Golf? Just pulling it? It is screwed, glued? T.-
3
3

Service Action
Got a letter today from VWoA about replacing the Crankcase Breather Hose on my 02 Passat 1.8T. It says I have up to 100,000 miles or ten years before the Service Action expires. My question is should...
4
4

Automatic Locks
I purchased a 2000 Passat Wagen froma non VW dealer. The door locks engage at 10mph. The local VW dealer states they cannot turn this function off for safety reasons. Is this true?. If not, how in the...
4
4

78 VW Rabbit Diesel 1.5 Fuel Injector Timing Question
I want to be clear. The bolts you loosen, are the ones you would remove if you wished to remove the pump from the engine. Mounting bolts. Just loosen them enough to rotate the pump. .132 is so far out...
9
9