Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Performing a Coolant Pressure Check on an '84 Diesel Rabbit
You can pressurize the system through that little hose going to the expansion valve. Be creative since you could probably use a tire/wheel valve, cut it so it can fit, in that hose and a bicycle pump....
2
2

Lower control arm ball joint - just how dangerous is putting off this repair?
Emotional reactions are what you get when the wheel falls off and the comment is like "Who'd have thought this would happen?" YOu described a very dangerous situation, and I said so. Further your lack...
9
9

Looking To Buy Jetta GLI 2004 or.....
Looking for automatic special edition with Recaro seats and 1.8 turbo. I'm located in upstate NY.

Looking To Buy 2004 GLI Jetta
I'm in upstate NY. Looking for an automatic with low miles and reasonable price.

I think I destroyed my clutch.
Finally! I won the battle with tranny. It is now on the bench. So here is the news: I found the source of the "rattling" noise. Keep in mind that it showed up after I push started the truck a week...
17
17

"valve" or "button" in diesel fuel filler tube?
Was putting fuel in and admiring another (newer) VW diesel, and buddy tells me that if he pushes a littlle button on the inside of the filler tube he can get another two gallons in. Mine has that...
7
7

Automatic Transmission Problems
Due to me leaving my lights on, the battery went flat. I recharged it no problem. However I inadvertently connected the terminal the wrong way round and buggered up the electronics. I soon realized my...
3
3

Share with you the joy of playing golf and business
Hello, Please forgive me to disturb you. I know that you are fond of playing golf. I would like to share with you the joy of playing golf and introduce myself to you. I live in Guangdong province of...

Oil Recommendation
My daughter has a 1999 New Beetle. It is time for an oil change. What is recommended for this vehicle in temperatures from 70-104 degrees F? San Angelo, Texas
23
23

2001 Jetta EPC light
My wife has a 2001 2 liter Jetta, and the EPC light just came on. Two weeks ago, I took the car to my local brake shop and had front and rear pads replace, and they turned the rotors. My wife only...
1
1

1980 VW diesel Rabbit
Recently, I purchased a 1980 VW diesel rabbit to burn biodiesel. Although, I'm having problems with the left rear turn signal. For the first few days everything worked correctly, but now when I flip...
2
2

Lost wedding ring in 2004 Jetta
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I lost my wedding ring while sitting on the front passenger seat of Jetta 2004. It happened very quickly , but I have noticed where the ring went: into the seat belt...
1
1

engine family number--- 2000 Jetta
Hi... I recently moved to the States from Ontario, Canada and am trying to import my Jetta in to the country. VW is asking to supply them with the car's VIN # (no problem) and the "family engine...

VW cabrio 2000 - changing clutch and transmission
hello everyone could use some advice on this one... I have a VW cabrio 2000, manual, with 37000 miles in great condition, ...except that apparently clutch and transmission need to be changed... here...
3
3

Keyless entry problem - 1999 New Beetle
Here again, I have seen hints of this problem in the forums, but not a definitive answer... On our 1999 Beetle, the keyless entry is not working correctly. When we exit the car and press the lock...
3
3