Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Corrado keeps dying... dunno why?
Hi all, my girlfriend has a '90 Corrado G60 to which she is ludicrously attached... for the last while (not sure how long, but this is an ongoing problem) she has had a problem with the battery going...
5
5

Cause of Beetle overheating?
The temp light came on in my 2001 Beetle 1.8T after only driving for about 10 minutes. I had the air on and it stopped blowing cold when this happened. When I stopped to check it, the overflow bulb...
5
5

Diesel fuel prices
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but could someone in the know, explain why deisel fuel is so insanely high? And why the professional truck driver's and the railroads, aren't screaming...
29
29

78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question
I installed a rebuilt cylinder head, cylinder head gasket, timing belt, and tensioner on my 78 VW Diesel Rabbit. The car now idles, but does not have power, and stalls when accelerating. I...
13
13

Temporary blowby?
Look I have been going trough the same thing with blowby in valve cover, was leaking oil at the gasket chsanged gasket 2 times the 3 time I took the cover and soaked it in gas overnight put it...
4
4

8v 1800 gti engine rebuild troubles
I have replaced the head gasket on my 1987 Mk2 GTi and I am in a bit of a mess. After putting it all back together it runs but its really not right. I think the timing belt is on one tooth out but I...
3
3

FS: 2001 Beetle RIM's with Hub Caps
I have a set of 4 2001 VW RIMs with hub/wheel caps for $75.00. They are in excellant condition. Photo links below. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Call Ron @ 817-565-3856

I would like to share with you the joy of playing golf and business
Hello, Please forgive me to disturb you. I know that you are fond of playing golf. I would like to share with you the joy of playing golf and introduce myself to you. I live in Guangdong province of...
1
1

wiring of power door locks in 96 cabrio?
Anyone have a schematic online somewhere of how the power locks are wired in a 96 cabrio? I'm specifically looking for whether I can use an aftermarket system that uses either positive or ground...
1
1

Re: STOP what you're doing - YES, WHY DON'T YOU ??
Please stop multi-posting your sales pitches in these forums, which are technical discussion groups. This is just not the place, and you will pick up few, if any, sales for whatever it is you are...

Good Garage in Fairfax, VA
Hello, I am looking at 2 garages in Fairfax area one is VXWorks in I think falls church and another Viking Automotive in Chantilly, VA. Has anyone had any experiences with either of these garages....
5
5

Re: [Req info] macpherson strut/ shockers
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:21:15 +0100, Doki scribbled by his own authority... (in article ): Thanks, got a spring compressor.
2
2

VW Golf Parts Help!
I have a Golf model GLX 1997 (made in Mexico) and I need to find a rubber part that is used on the Gear Shift mechanism. It is a rubber at the size and shabe of a golf ball with a hole in the middle....
2
2

82 Rabbit Convertible AT -- Starting Problem...
In the infinite Wisdom of Midas Auto shop, they removed my rattling heat shield over the starter when the did some exhaust work. Yesterday I drove the car to work and now the starter doesn't work....
2
2

Was there an A2 wagon with a diesel engine?
I like the 92 jetta sedan I have; would like a wagon more. Want a diesel - were they made in those years with that engine, and if so, when looking for/at one, what should I be aware of?
3
3