Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

90 Golf is great, but jumpy when it's damp
I just purchased a 90 Golf GL with nearly 240.000 miles. It has been well maintained, has a brand new distributor even. The plug wires have also been replaced. The previous owner told me that it...
8
8

'97 Golf stalling after brief rests following long drives
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had had a similar problem or can help. I am finding that my 97 Golf is stalling (in any gear/speed) after it has been turned off for a short peroid of time...
2
2

Heater core problem- '92 Golf
I just finished installing a brand new VW heater core on my '92 Golf. I filled the system with new G11, fired it up, and was delighted to have no more leaks and smell of coolant in the passenger...
4
4

A3 poly belt tensioner
Hi there: Anyone have any advice on replacing the poly-ribbed belt tensioner on an A3 diesel (or anything else that has the self-tensioning alternator/AC belt)? Bently seems to be silent on the...

T25 Waterboxer head gasket sealant
hello, i'm just replacing head gasket which failed - it's got a split in it and poured all the water out. I wanted to buy OEM parts to replace but my local VW centre says they are all discontinued....
1
1

94 Jetta GL power sunroof problem
I have a 94 jetta, and the Power sunroof is not closing all the way. As far as I can tell the leftside of the window is prematurly going into tilt mode, before it slides forward all the way. This is...
1
1

83 Europa Camper - where's the thermostat?
Hey all, I've got an 83 Camper van, water cooled, and of late the temperatures not been sitting as stable as usual. I spoke to some friends who said that it could be that the thermostat in the water...
2
2

97 Golf GL 2.0L - Stalls with when A/C is running
I've recently had problem with stalling and corrected it by removing and cleaning the throttle body. It runs fine now but will stall out when I come to a stop if the air conditioner is running. No...

'81 Scirocco craps < 2800 rpm
Hello. This happened suddenly, stopped briefly, then started again: Engine starts but idles (barely) extremely rough. Give it a little throttle and it runs terribly rough, with backfires, until rpms...
4
4

Golf problem that has the experts baffled
I have a 2002 VW Golf E 1.4 petrol. About 2 months ago I noticed the tick over was quite rough -you could sit in the car at lights and feel it shaking. Occasionally the Exhaust emission warning lamp...
1
1

Remove exterior door handle on jetta 4 (2002)
Hi, I have a Jetta 2002 and the exterior door handle does not work on my left rear door. It looks like the tab with the cable that gets pulled to open the door got disengaged from the handle. My...
1
1

Pic of 79 Scirocco super sport
Gi'day Group Anyone know where I might find a pic of a 79 Scirocco Super sport? I used to have one and don't have a decent pic of it. Thanks in advance Regards Frank
1
1

1993 Volkswagen Passt Glow Plug Problems
Ok I don't know if anybody is still watching this. But if they are. I want to thank everybody, and I want to share good news. I went to our local VW Mechanic, and he told me where the Glow Plug relay...
13
13

vr6 misfire
last weekend i finished rebuilding the engine in my gti,i fired it up and its running and sounds only problem i am having is that im getting a misfire on cylinder #6(p0306). i also get an occasional...

'00 Jetta 2.0 Losing Coolant
Already replaced pressure cap and looked for drips. Any ideas? TIA, Tom
8
8