Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

having to push start my jetta
I have a 98 jetta and just recenlty I had to start push starting it. I noticed that it only seems to be when it is hot outside... it will start in the morning but by the afternoon I can't get it...
7
7

sharan air con
my 96 sharan air con/ fan display flashes all digits when first turned on

New Beetle Advice Please...TDI or Gasoline?
We're looking to buy a USED "new" beetle (automatic). I've been doing some research on whether it's worth getting a TDI rather than a gasoline version based on the high mpg of a TDI. We've got...

97 Cabrio Clutch Replacement Cost?
Can anyone provide a sanity check on the cost of replacing the clutch on a 97 Cabrio stick? Per my mechanic: Replace: Clutch Plate Pressure Plate Bearing Have the flywheel stone ground to avoid...
1
1

Be careful
This story ('t say what year the Jetta was but on the news,the police chief from Sugar Grove was commenting about how there was pretty much nothing left of the Jetta but little clumps of metal. (If...
5
5

Tranmission Oil for a 4 Speed Rabbit -- 85W-90?
Hi everybody, Quick question. I need to change the transmission oil in my rabbit. I've only owned the car for about half a year, and so know nothing regarding when the last change was. The only GL-4...
3
3

broken glove box handle
Rather than spend oggles of dollars at the dealer, can anyone suggest how I can replace or repair the glove box handle. It's the one with a lock. I have a 02' Pssat 4 door. Thank you
1
1

Golf Bearing shell query
Hi I am the process of rebuilding the engine on my golf.I mistakenly ordered big end bearings with oil hole from GSF part number 16195. On removing my shells they do not have an oil hole.I have been...
6
6

96 VW CABRIO OIL LIGHT BUZZER
Hey guys, I have a 96 vw cabrio with a 2.0 . Just tonight the oil light started blinking so i pulled over checked the level and it was low, when i turned the engine on there was a constant clanking...
6
6

A2 heater core replacement tip
Just a note for anyone contemplating heater core replacement on an A2- contrary to the Bentley manual, it is NOT necessary to completely remove the dashboard to pull the heater box and core from the...

1993-1999 VW odometer roll over
Looking for written documentation from a manual or something which indicates that the odometer on a 1997 Jetta sold in Canada, built in Mexico I believe, roll over to 0 at 300,000 kilometers. VW North...
3
3

1993-1999 odometer roll over
Looking for written documentation from a manual or something which indicates that the odometer on a 1997 Jetta sold in Canada, built in Mexico I believe, roll over to 0 at 300,000 kilometers. VW North...
6
6

2001 Passat - Rearview Mirror Change/Problem
Hi. I've searched for answers to this but have come up empty handed. So, if anyone can point me to some information, I'd really appreciate it. I have a 2001 Passat and it has an auto dimmer rear view...
1
1

PD TDI differences
A little while ago someone asked about when the PD diesels started to appear in the VW's and someone said '04. Indeed, there was some kind of change and/or improvement made in '04. the PD however was...
1
1

CODE 4626?
I have a 2000 Golf TDI. Today it seemed to loose about 50% of it's power, then shortly thereafter the "Check Engine' light came on. I hooked up my trusty C-Tool scanner and it displayed code 4626. The...
6
6