Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Seat Cover recommendation
I am spiffing up a 99 New Beetle of my daughters. It's a green one and I've detailed it, and I am looking to cover the front seats as they are that light tan that gets dirty easily. I'm looking for...
1
1

'92 GTI Gear Linkage Question
'92 8 valve. Is there any way to replace the bushing at the gear shift end of the linkage to the transmission WITHOUT removing the exhaust system? I have the engine out and the engine end of the...
1
1

AD: Great deal on VW Golf Rims
Take a look at my auction on eBay when you get a chance. Thanks, Bruce

tools
im replacing brakes on 2001 turbo passat what tool do i need for front pads
1
1

brake tool
what allen wrench or tool do i need to replace front brake pads

Mk 1 Golf Cabr
Hi I am new to this so not totaly sure if i'm doing the right thing but can anyone give me any advice as to why my Temp light is constantly flashing on my dash????
6
6

88 fox gearshift wonder.!!!!
I reported this last year I believe my car would not shift in gears manuel trans.I consulted teh Clinton book and it advised I needed a setup tool from V.W. I screwed around in the end I called my...
1
1

Inspect ignition switch key lock solenoid w/out removing console?
Can you visually inspect a 2000 automatic VW Beetle's "ignition switch key lock solenoid" without removing the center console? The dealer's service claimed they recleaned it again but the console...
1
1

2006 Rabbit trim/molding color-keyed??
Anyone know what the paint scheme will be on the new Rabbits? I was just looking at VW's site and the two-door white rabbit has the trim/molding on the doors and bumpers in black, but the four door...
8
8

Injectors nozzles cleaning
I have a 00 Jetta TDI 120kmi. How to clean the injectors nozzles?
2
2

intermittent A/C on '00 Jetta
The A/C in my '00 Jetta has started to not work intermittently. Sometimes, it works great, other times, it won't work at all. I haven't noticed any patterns. Often it won't work, I'll park the car,...
5
5

98 Cabrio- A/C evaporator housing inspection
My wife's Cabrio has water coming in from the evaporator cover. I found the drain through the firewall and it looks like the flapper might have been held closed by the fire-retardent insulation that...

where is the low side to add freeon to a 91 vanagon (westfalia)
i need to add some freon to my wife's 91 vw westphalia. i only see the high side...... years ago on another car i accidently put freon on the high side and blew my compressor. don't want to make that...

Do A1 distributors interchange JH engine
Hi, I'm driving a A1 convertible with JH engine. It seems I've problems with the current Marelli distributor. I have a Bosch distributor of another JH engine. Can I interchange them without problems...

Changing brake light on Passat Wagon
I have a 2000 Passat Wagon and tried to change the brake light - the one in the middle. Before I know it I found myself trying to rip off all the wagon gate molding on the inside and stopped before I...